Trapshooters Forum banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Perazzi MX10RS 32/34 Combo w/Allor tuned barrels, K80 Parcours 32"
3,340 Posts
And Oleolliedawg takes a trip to the penalty box.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
The only time someone has power is when you give it them, this conversation is giving those people power just by acknowledging them. Every time you react or respond to them you add to thier power. So the answer is click on by.

Surfer

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
moderator is a modern term for bouncer.
they are hired(chosen) by club(web) owners to keep out rif raf and keep everything orderly.
they are chosen by the owner for his establishment.
sheriffs and deputies are usually appointed and paid with by a vote from the citizens.
so lets make sure we understand moderators are not sheriffs, tho some would like to think they are.
do we have a say in who is a mod? no. we dont vote.
so they are bouncers.
and bouncers all have different levels of tolerence.
some practice longsuffering, some are short fused.
most are hired on for their desired strengths, some go for the kill, some have computer skills, some try to mediate. in some cases, time reveals how good or bad a mod is. and thats when posters suffer the most.
i myself have been the victim of poor moderation.
bias, prejudice, misconception, unable to demonstrate restraint or the inabilty to pause and contemplate, poor education, poor judgement of charactor....all of which make for a lousy forum day anywhere.
i am a mod on a few sites. i mod for osokill on his other shotgun site. its not fun. and its not as easy as it may appear. 90% of what mods do gets done before anyone even sees it. the www is a dirty rotten place and full of evil.
mods are usually bloodied and bruised from international dealings before they even get to cat fights on threads.
i have never had a bad one here. everyone here are pro's.
cant say the same about numerous other sites.
some bouncers have dug in deep and continue their reign as big fish in small ponds on some.
knowing someone is hovering over every word i type, doesnt sit well with me. or even worse, are the hangmen chums in with corrupt mods, looking to hang an innocent using mob rule and kangaroo court.
weird place this internet.
i miss the old fist fights on the corners where black eyes solved issues. old america.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Had a great deal with Oleolliedawg on a bt99 plus. He seemed like a good dude on the phone.

Cant understand why he would get banned from this site.

·
Registered
7,334 Posts
Most but not all the personal attacks have been punted under this new regime but there are still a few like one "numeric" individual referenced in this thread who contribute little but divisive rhetoric and bile to the general discussion. He has deigned to throw down in this discussion and that's just fine with me and no doubt others. Talking about trapshooting, and guns and trap clubs and looking at fabulous wood and stock work is what I signed up to see, read and participate in. Hope it reverts back to that model and the vitriol fades away.

Ron Burr

·
2,770 Posts
OHHHHH! Seitz9010 deleted his posts rather than admit he was either a fool or wrong or ....

Shoulda just said, "I made a mistake."

But then he couldn't show his face on the evil site and bash.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts