Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What am I missing here? I just noticed a number of users are now banned and just wondering how things work. It seems to be arbitrary to me. Some comments I've thought out if place seem to fly through while others get banned. Is this a site that depends on moderators to make individual decisions or are there some guidelines for banning a poster or visitor? Not upset just wondering how things work on this site.

·
Supporting Vendor
10,319 Posts
They didn't earn enough trophy points by the July 10th deadline. Some people just don't take the time to read this websites rules. I believe that some posters need to think a bit outside of the box and get in touch with their creative side when they commit to starting a new thread.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
First thing, you have posted this thread in the "Shooting Related Forum", which tells me that you don't have a clue about how things work. The moderators do a good job.

·
Supporting Vendor
10,319 Posts
They'll be allowed back, after they have formed a human centipede, which they are doing as we speak. It's right there in the rules which we all agreed to when we pressed "I agree" on forum rules.

Just not enough trophy points, that's all.

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
Pretty simple. The people that keep up the habitual rule breaking, and keep trying to rule this site with a gang like mentality are going to draw attention to themselves. When that offensive behavior is being displayed, over and over again, to try and get others to break the rules, they then are watched, and warned about their behavior, and their reaction, or non-reaction, brings on a decision as to what should be done moving forward. For the betterment of this site I might add.

Everyone here has a right to say what they feel, or think to a point. When one breaks the rules, that point is has been met. As far as the moderators go, I think they have been way past lenient for many here. As far as selection, I don't think there is much question as to the instigators of most conflicts.

·
2,769 Posts
First of all. I think the Admin, rather than the Mods, handle discipline on this Forum.

One problem is, that while they are gun guys, they are not trap shooters and are not familiar with the genesis of the debate(s) here and, I think, sometimes miss the ones who are starting it, egging it on, then slipping back into obscurity when it gets hot. I say that because in KC's situation, 221, who has now failed to keep his identity secret while he spreads his poison, is one of the main instigators, even causing Neil to label him a troll.

But, we know who 221 is now, whether we are allowed to post it here or not and we just have to remember to cool our jets when someone says something in an effort to cause us to entertain them and offend the Admin.

Bob

·
2,769 Posts
I don't know, but I "heard" it had something to do with posting, as KC was, 221's identity, starting with his first name and home town.

The problem I see for us, is when some poster claims to have been an ATA shooter (I'm not saying that's 221), and you can go right to the ATA site and see he's never been a member, how do you call him a liar, politely, and avoid the wrath of the Admin?

Or when a poster claims or seems to allude to being a big shot manufacturer for the government or some entity similar, lots of special equipment at his "factory", yet the 'net reveals what he does, where he does it, what he makes and what the company's annual revenue is, can we "impeach" him with this?

I guess I'll wait and see if any of this stuff appears here again and chat with OSOKILL (whom I actually like-don't stone me, guys) or another Admin guy and see.

Bob

·
Premium Member
2,840 Posts
to answer your questions. some member are being banned now cause I am tired of deleting their multi sales ads in the classified area after repeatedly telling them over and over what the rules are. so they are getting vacations now. maybe this action will get their attention and they will stop.

others are for the constant bickering. you can argue your case without the name calling, the outting a members identity, cussing, yada yada yada. if you have to stoop to this type of thing to debate your point of view then expect some time off. if you are clicking the like button on a person doing this type of activity and egging them on you can expect some time off.

I really like a good (even heated) debate but keep it civil.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Chicago Field, March 18, 1876.
“To Correspondents. - Correspondence is always acceptable, but it must be borne in mind that while we are ever ready to attack and expose corrupt practices wherever they may exist, the columns of this journal can be used neither to vent personal spite nor as a vehicle for billingsgate. We are driven to these remarks from having received several communications of an abusive and personal character. It is the duty of a journal, as of an individual, to avoid wounding unnecessarily the feelings of any person. When there are disagreements or cause for bad blood between individuals, one is often as much to blame as the other. At any rate these quarrels are interesting only to the parties concerned, while they disgust the other readers of a paper. It is our purpose to publish a high toned journal; consequently all such matter is out of place in our columns. We like a spirited controversy as much as any one, but at the same time it must be on a subject in which our readers are interested and are to be benefited; and the rules of etiquette in vogue among gentlemen must not be violated. Therefore the writers of those letters referred to will understand that we decline publishing such communications now and hereafter.”

Interposing our real names between our mind and our tongue (keyboard) would contribute enormously to an atmosphere of civility and respect toward each other. If someone is too paranoid to do so, they should probably be off the grid anyway.

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
Why are these rules so hard to understand??????

The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts ("Content"). Content submitted express the views of their author only.

You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.

All Content you submit or upload may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.

We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content submitted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time.

You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.

These terms may be changed at any time without notice.

If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts