Trapshooters Forum banner

Ballistic Products removes all primers except Cheddite

5474 Views 31 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  7albert
Was doing a check through online retailers this morning for primers and saw that Ballistic Products has removed all primer brands except for the Cheddites from the store page.
Looks like many of you who said in other threads that we were unlikely to see any other primer brands for a while may be proven correct here.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Premium Member
1,336 Posts
I actually put in an order, and it showed in stock, and my receipt showed in stock, yet this morning my order was changed to "backordered"
This happened to me as well. I've sent an email asking what happened. I've not heard back. So much for feeling like I'd broken free from "The Curse of the Cheddites". Back to square one.

This is the second time I've had something similar happen in recent history with an 'in stock' order from BPI. I've got an order for a case of primed new hulls on back-order that was 'in-stock' when I gave them my order.

· Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Well, the status of these Winchesters changed on the site from 'out of stock' to 'in stock' sometime between 2 and 5:30 PM Eastern yesterday. I heard back from Customer Service and they don't know what happened. They haven't had any Winchester primers in months and don't expect any for several months if not longer.

I'm beginning to believe checking websites several times a day for primers is just a rock fetch. If I hadn't found powder in the last few weeks I wouldn't bother anymore, but that gave me some hope that the situation might be on the verge of changing. Guess not.

· Banned
2,714 Posts
Well, the status of these Winchesters changed on the site from 'out of stock' to 'in stock' sometime between 2 and 5:30 PM Eastern yesterday. I heard back from Customer Service and they don't know what happened. They haven't had any Winchester primers in months and don't expect any for several months if not longer.

I'm beginning to believe checking websites several times a day for primers is just a rock fetch. If I hadn't found powder in the last few weeks I wouldn't bother anymore, but that gave me some hope that the situation might be on the verge of changing. Guess not.
So I'm reading that there were not any primers in stock yesterday and that it was a mistake on the website. Golly, I feel better about missing it, if it were so!

· Registered
308 Posts
This happened to me as well. I've sent an email asking what happened. I've not heard back. So much for feeling like I'd broken free from "The Curse of the Cheddites". Back to square one.
Felt the same way, but now I would take Cheddites, why not, if I can get them in a couple month. I am down to a couple of thousand Cheddites with the 4H and ATA shooting starting this week. The kids will go though alot of ammo quick.

· Premium Member
1,336 Posts
The Cheddites do go 'bang', but I'm a Browning shooter and I'd rather not encounter damaged firing pins (an easy fix) or plasma cutting/eroding firing pin holes in the receiver face should the Cheddites rupture, which they have a history of doing. Just rather avoid damage if possible, but risking it might just be the eggshells we have to walk on over the summer. So far I've not had any fail, but I've not run very many of them yet.

· Registered
612 Posts
Was doing a check through online retailers this morning for primers and saw that Ballistic Products has removed all primer brands except for the Cheddites from the store page.
Looks like many of you who said in other threads that we were unlikely to see any other primer brands for a while may be proven correct here.

They also upped the price. I hope they honor the back orders at the old price. I have 10k on back for the last couple weeks.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.