Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know what the best wad would be for the Stan Baker bb84 barrel. The bore being big .800 what manufacturers wad would seal the gases? I think a guy know as Super X1 has had some experience with the bb84. Hope he will read this and kick in some info. Thanjs Frank

·
Premium Member
6,017 Posts
does anyone know what the best wad would be for the Stan Baker bb84 barrel. The bore being big .800 what manufacturers wad would seal the gases? I think a guy know as Super X1 has had some experience with the bb84. Hope he will read this and kick in some info. Thanjs Frank
Gold Medal/12S3.

That said, a friend that used them ran alot of Super Handicaps and WAA12's through his. He was an All American.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gold Medal/12S3.

That said, a friend that used them ran alot of Super Handicaps and WAA12's through his. He was an All American.
Thanks for the info. You are referring to new shells WAA12 and Remington Super Handicap shells. I will try the gold medal/12S3 wads if I can find them. Thanks Frank

·
Registered
10,446 Posts
Had an acquaintance who interned with Stan Baker. His Big Bore barrels like a lot of powder and a lot of shot. The 12S3 will work, but be prepared to load them to 1250 or so.

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
Stans .800 bore was a little outside the limits as far as bore. Moneymaker offered a .780 that was a bit more on the practical side. The .800 was very picky about what loads as well as new shells that would be consistent from Shot to Shot.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had an acquaintance who interned with Stan Baker. His Big Bore barrels like a lot of powder and a lot of shot. The 12S3 will work, but be prepared to load them to 1250 or so.
Thanks for the info. Have been trying different loads. The 12s3 is a federal hull which I haven't used yet. Thanks Frank

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
I have the best luck loading straight wall hulls with Federal 12S3's and Federal 12so wads in my Baker Big Bore. I am going to try loading some
federal Grand hulls with factory Windjammer 1 1/8 tournament wads, as the bases mic. a little larger than any of the aftermarket wads that I have. FWIW .Bill

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
The FIO RS21 works very well also . My Baker barrel measures .751" and is not picky at all..... Larry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts