Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still relatively new at this, I never considered the possibility of a bad choke. Shooting a KX5 with a #2 choke, I smoke most targets. When I switch to a #3 I get a lot of chunks. With the number #4 I am back to smoke. I guess I need to put in on a pattern board to be sure. Have you seen bad chokes or is it just me?

Dave

·
Supporting Vendor
10,143 Posts
Possible, but not likely. Probably a fluke. How many lines have you shot with that #3? What brand choke??

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are factory Krieghoff chokes and I have shot probably 3 session with the same effect.

Dave

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
I bought a 5 choke set from Angle Port, Ballistics Specialties, and 2 of the 5 were mis-labeled... badly. They were replaced quickly and without question.

Keller

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
A bore mic is a fun tool to own. It will give you lots of information, especially helpful when dealing with used guns of unknown origin. Mark

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
It is a very good idea to listen to what your gun is telling you. Use the chokes that it likes and you will shoot well. The same rule applies to ammo. HMB

·
Registered
471 Posts
I had a Beretta with the Optima chokes.

I would have my wife read my breaks and she would always tell me the factory Mod tube broke targets considerably harder than the factory Imp Mod @ 16 yards.

Practice after practice it was always the same thing. I thought she was nuts.

I took the barrel & chokes to Stu Wright at the Missouri State Shoot and as soon as he put the bore mic in the barrel with the IM choke he said "this tube is junk, I'm surprised it will break targets at all."

A bad choke is not beyond the possibilities.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.