Trapshooters Forum banner

Background at the Grand

4334 Views 30 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  ctreay
Is the background about the same on all banks at the Grand? I am assuming that it is all farmland the full length.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
21,601 Posts

Sorry couldn't resist. Actually V10 is right. There is one group of banks around 13-16 that has this house and some out buildings. The rest is really just greenry. There is however a road the runs the length of the 120 traps. Occasionally a car/truck will go by. Wouldn't think it as bad as a 747 but you know how some people are.

I will post the pic of the background as soon as it allows me. Having troubles for some reason.

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I guess the real question is as long as we can choose our section are any sections really not desirable?
Any sections better just from the stand point of the background.

· Super Moderator
6,290 Posts
Section 1 is on the west end. The background is a distant berm out near the road. Banks 3 and 4 are combination trap/skeet fields. Shoot-offs are conducted on the traps that comprise banks 3 and 4.

Section 2 is the western-most section on the east end. Banks 5 and 6 have the tent vendors behind them.

The background for most of the east end is trees and/or distant fields.

Bank 9 (I think) has a slight dip in the berm that permits the occasional vehicle to be seen driving by. Some people are bothered by this. Since traffic on CR18 is minimal I think they're just looking for an excuse.

· Registered
291 Posts
I remember shooting on bank one a few years ago. A Pepsi truck drove by when I called for my bird. Of course the bird came out right in the middle of the red logo. I was very shaken and surprised when I did break the target.

· Registered
21,601 Posts
Tell ya what. I'm gonna be out there at the end of this week shooting. I'll take some current pics to go along with all of "V10's" sections listed above and we will all have an idea where to squad this year.

· Registered
2,002 Posts
Wow, an airplane at SPARTA! Now we're getting somewhere. Real shooting Grounds have to have airplanes. 45 years at Vandalia,I never shot a plane. I did'nt know they were there until I saw this picture. Clyde

· Registered
21,601 Posts
Here is the dreaded house that many try and avoid. I have shot these banks and it didn't seem to bother me. The house is located on the East Banks from around the 13 to 16 Banks. Its a long way out there and on the other side of the County Road 18. Really not an issue IMHO.

The rest of the East Banks look much like this. It is more grown up now than it was when these were taken. The road and vehicles are not visible from the majority of the banks anymore from the growth of the greenery.

I will get some current pics of the background Wed from one end of the line to the other. They are all really good backgrounds. I can't think of one that is terrible. I prefer shooting the middle of the East line.

And this pic is just neat looking.

· Registered
4,761 Posts
Hey Grntitan, what are you doing posting MY picture of the plane at the Grand in OHIO??? get your own photos!! lol- Frank C

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.