Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Vendor
19,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this pic on the net
mia_2008_0303867.jpg

The first one that can tell me where I found this pic AND who was the original publisher, will get a nominal prize from me. The prize will be partially determined by the type of gun he or she shoots.

If you know one and not the other, do not put just the one answer on the thread. You must know both.

Where did I find it? See last post on thread

AND

Who published it originally?

Jack

·
Vendor
19,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Harold, like th comment. Too, Neil will shake his head and wonder why I never learnt better.

Right or wrong, It looks so good in this artist sketch... ya know?

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Looks about right to me nice improvement in pattern.

I always thought this was true but now see it on the internet I know its true for sure.

This should put to rest this question for good you saw it here first.

Thanks Jack for clearing this up once and for all !!!

·
Vendor
19,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By far, the greatest validation to backboring is that the top illustration shows virtually no dense center core, and the bottom is ALL dense center core.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Hmmmmm.... Could it be from here, Jack-o???

Back Bore Technology barrels allow you to get the very best performance out of the cartridge:
1. Increased penetration velocity
Back-boring ensures that there is less friction between the shot and the wall of the barrel. Instead of having to overcome friction, more of the energy generated by the gunpowder gases serves to propel the cartridge, thus increasing the velocity of the load.

The shot retains its ballistic quality.

The force of contraction or the pressure exerted by the barrel wall on the load is reduced, thus reducing the number of deformed pellets fired

2. Improved shot pattern
The ballistic characteristics are improved and you achieve exceptionally uniform shots with many more effective pellets hitting the target.

3. A 6% reduction in recoil
A reduction in recoil means improved shooting comfort. In a back-bored barrel, the load passes more easily reducing the amount of recoil felt by the shooter, thus improving his shooting comfort.

Tested and approved by the Browning Research & Development department
Invector+ are long-sized chokes especially for Back Bore barrels....

PS: You know what gun I shoot..... Prize to be determined... Dan-0

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
TECHNOLOGIE
BACK BORED™

Back Bore Technology barrels allow you to get the very best performance out of the cartridge

> 1. Increased penetration velocity
Back-boring ensures that there is less friction between the shot and the wall of the barrel.
Instead of having to overcome friction, more of the energy generated by the gunpowder gases
serves to propel the cartridge, thus increasing the velocity of the load.
The shot retains its ballistic quality.

The force of contraction or the pressure exerted by the barrel wall on the load is reduced, thus reducing the number of deformed pellets fired

Invector+ are long-sized chokes especially for Back Bore barrels.

> 2. Improved shot pattern
The ballistic characteristics are improved and you achieve exceptionally uniform shots with many more effective pellets hitting the target.

> 3. A 6% reduction in recoil

> Tested and approved by the Browning Research & Development department

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Go to yahoo and search 'compare a standard barrel to a back bored barrel, then click on the 'images' feature. It's the first image that pops up..

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I don't know where you found the before picture, but the after picture must be of a scan of my 90T… no Italian gun could produce such a consistent pattern. Perhaps you just doctored the "before" picture out of boredom on this snowy day.

Fonts, colors and powder smell like Winchester to me. So I vote Winchester brochure.

·
Vendor
19,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I did find it at a specific place... If you are a good sleuth, you can figure it out.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts