Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I kind of understand what the backboring is for but what is the porting for? A friend of mine seems to think it will slow down your shot.

·
Banned
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For the average person of course but is there any studies out there that prove or disprove. Buddy of mine thinks it does.

·
Banned
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"most shotshell powders complete most of their burn in the first eighteen inches of the barrel" is what I found so apparently porting is 99% there for the "cool factor" and creates the "pain in the ass to clean factor'. Debunks my friends thought that porting affects anything at all.

·
Banned
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not to concerned about the noise but what it can do to the pattern and speed out the end of the barrel.

I have a newer bt99 and an older bt99 plus and I sure shoot the newer bt better and it has no porting, nothing special even a conventional stock.

I can also shoot the newer one all day and it hardly kicks at all with 1200fps shells. Strange how little it kicks.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Jim chances are your newer Bt99 is backbored and your older one is not...U may have just answered your own question

·
Banned
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Myself I could care less of the noise but I do care a lot about the noise if it is due to a load that is potentially dangerous and I here of a lot of that.

Most of all for some reason I'm killing them in game on 3rd and 4th shots out just off the ground from the 27 but with my bt99 plus with the same chock I just take it out of one and use it in the other. Same length barrel also. Not the same results however.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts