Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a 12 gauge that is very compact and can quickly break down and put in a back pack. Be nice if it had a portable compact plastic case that I could just throw in the back pack.

Need this for the occasional game bird that shows up while sitting in a stand.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Ithaca model 37 Featherweight pump riot gun with adjustable sights. The barrel will go on or off in seconds and the entire thing will break down to quite short. Pretty light weight too for an all steel gun.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
H and R makes a gun called a handi rifle. Basically a single shot gun that you can get any gauge or caliber barrel for. I use one in 45-70 for a muzzle loader. Short and lightweight. Bill

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Beretta use to make a 'folding' single shot shotgun where the hinge allowed the barrel to come all the way back under the stock. These were really nicely made guns that weighed next to nothing. A friend of mine had one in 20 gauge with a 3" chamber - it was fun to shoot with target shells but kicked really hard with hunting ammo. I think the gun weighed less than 5 pounds.

Do a search for a Beretta FS-1 or Beretta 412.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Yep they did sell a bunch of those Berettas and they were light

you could also get one of the handi rifles from Savage in 20 gauge/ something else and use the 20 for birds and the rifle for something else if wanted

Regards from Iowa

Gene

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.