Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow shooters. I am back shooting trap with my buddies several nights a week after about 5 years off. I have recently acquired two 1100 trap guns. both are 70's vintage and nice shape. looking into the future I know I will most likely need some parts. Does anyone have any recommendations on what I should buy now and put away as far as spare parts? I love the guns and they shoot very nice. I am very proud to own them. thank you, JIm

· Sponsors a Reloaders for Youth Program
13,003 Posts
Hey Jimbo. I just started shooting again myself after some time off. Having fun now too. How are your scores doing? I'm up in the 23, 24 and 25 range over the last couple of visits. I'm ironing some things out. Letting my eyes settle in after I mount my gun has helped a lot. No big rush.

· Sponsors a Reloaders for Youth Program
13,003 Posts
I've been going to 2 different clubs. I can go Tues night, Thurs night, Sat morning till 2 and Sunday noon till 4. Something to look forward to every other day. I love shooting after dark. Bright orange targets on a black sky and white smoke when you hit 'em hard. Wow.

· Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Ya Joe my scores are about the same. I was shooting a BT but went back to my 1100 trap and shoot much better. I seem to like to cover the bird. those 1100s are just such nice guns... I want to buy another 1100 trap as spare. just love those guns. best of luck and glad you are back in game. best,Jim

· Registered
86 Posts
My first trap gun was a 1100 that I bought in the late 70's. I always carried a barrel seal (#12), piston (#73), piston seal (#74) and link (#61). That was what usually broke and was a quick fix at the range. Also, had an extra TS shell catcher with me. It is still a fine shooting gun.
Motor vehicle Font Musical instrument Automotive exterior Auto part

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.