Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shot with someone using them today and was wondering if they are a good hull to reload with? If so, what clay buster wads can I use for 1oz loads using red dot or E3 powder?

Is the hull straight walled or tapered? Any load recommendations would be great if you have any to share.

Thanks for your input.

Joe M

·
Registered
165 Posts
tried reloading the BP Competition Ones on my MEC 650 and they kept getting jammed on the ram tube when I tried to seat the primer. The Gordon System has a very strange base wad structure. Also see :
Reloading B&P hulls

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
I give my B&P comp 1 hulls to a fellow shooter, he loads them just like a gun club, but uses a 6 point crimp--perfect loads--I believe he uses a Pons
They are his favorite hull.

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
4,113 Posts
Not all B&P hulls use the Gordon System, so check to see which one you have. Either the Gordon or the regular are Riefenhauser hulls. They have straight sides. The closest to a European base wad diameter Claybuster makes is their 21xx series (Federal clones).

My suggestion is to borrow a couple from a friend and try them first. You may end up with dished crimps if you are planning to load less than 9/8oz.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I reloaded 100 B&P hulls with the proper wad and they look like new shells. I shot 3 rounds of skeet and they worked out great!

Joe

·
Registered
115 Posts
What powder and how many grains. What wad did you use. I have access to B/P 28ga hulls looking for a load for them.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
They load fine for me. The RIO blues, Cheddite Estates, Challengers, any euro hull loads great with no dished crimps using 18 gr Promo, the PT1205 wad or the Gulandi EML, and 7/8 reclaim. Look like factory crimps.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Reload you hulls a couple times, after that you should consider throwing them away.
There aren't a lot of recipes out there for a reason.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
They just aren't as common as other hulls like Winchester, Remington, and Federal.
True dat, but a SW hull is pretty much like any other SW hull. Most recipes can be subbed for about any SW hull even if that particular hull is not listed in a load manual. There are just tooooooo many new hulls coming out constantly to have each and every one of them tested.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Just another below average steel cased hull. With all the available hulls, why bother loading these?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts