Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought 10 cases of B & P Competition One Shotgun Shells. Anybody have any experience with these shells?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
we have used them for new shooters looking for a low recoil load. The kids break all kinds of targets with them. The 7\8ths 12 ga load will cycle an 1100. (We do use break free and run the guns with that on the mag tube). More reliable at cycling the 1100 than the Rem STS 7\8.
No extensive patterning but did run them over the chronograph. Measured as advertised. Hulls were reloaded using clays and the B&P wad from balistic products, a chedite primer and clays powder. I would guess E3 would work as well. Again all 7\8 loads only. Hulls held up for a handfull of reloads before the crimp fingers started splitting.
We found them to be a good factory option for our need. Delivered to my work in a timely manner.
Not much out there in a Promotional shell at that load weight. Cost is more than reloads that match them but some dont have the machine to make them at home.
I will be buying more this season.
7\8 12 ga loads are hard to find in 12 ga in stock. B&P had them when I needed them.
Bob

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yes, they work well. If you take one apart you will find premium lead and a rather unique wad and powder. I have reloaded the cases 2 times so far with very good results. They are durable.
Art

·
Premium Member
11,758 Posts
B&P has a good reputation worldwide.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
They're an awesome shell, some of the best most consistent shells I've ever shot. From the recoil side of things they seem to be light. Like claybrdr said just cut one open and look at the components no junk in there in any way shape or form!! I shoot the 1oz at 1160, they pattern unbelievable and I can shoot them all day.

Bryce

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sptnclays:

I am going to use these for dove hunting. I will get back to you in about 3 years "when they are gone". Thanks for your contribution to this topic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts