Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
G

·
Shooter111,Yes I am a member[life],I do send money,and I don't think calling them is my job,and if they don't think this is important I would love to see what is.Apology excepted.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Andy, not for nothing, dude - as a shooter, taxpayer and voter you have an obligation to pick up the phone, dial your Rep & Senators' offices and register your opposition to any draconian law such as this.

Trust me, phone calls are worth a 1000 emails, the NRA is there all the time
sending alerts out, monitoring and working as they can, but let us not forget
WE ARE THE NRA and we need to all (collectively) get on the stick and do something.

Just being a member and expecting the NRA to wave a magic wand and make all the gun bills go away - just doesn't work.

·
Registered
25,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
"According to FBI data, between 1998 and 2001, one in five law enforcement officers slain in the line of duty was killed with an assault weapon"<br>
<br>
The anti's have incorrectly defined so many normal firearms as "assault weapons" that they've artifically elevated the number of police officers killed with so-called AW's.<br>
<br.
In the early 1990's, the Dept of Justice investigated and found the number based on the political definition of an "assault weapon" amounted to 1/5000th of 1% of all officers being killed by an "assault wepaon".<br>
<br>
The most used firearm to kill police officers was their own sidearm. Yes, 20% of all officers killed are killed with their own gun.<br>
<br>
Now, if you consider that most of these are semi-auto pistols with "high capacity" magazines, thus making them "assault weapons", you begin to get an idea of how these numbers get skewed.<br>
<br>
With anti-gunners and their statistics (often quoted verbatim by the media), you MUST read between the lines, as well as join what appear to be disconnected facts.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Of course there was one officer killed this week in NY arguably with an "assault weapon" - - shot by one of his OWN SWAT (MRT) team members!!!

·
Registered
495 Posts
JoeE, Your right on the money as to the start of the liberal crap in NY. I have the misfortune of living about 20miles east of buffalo, in erie co., and most of my county taxes go to support lazy, druggie, buffalonians. The problem is there are more of them, than country boys like me.

P.S. I`d get out of this state in a heart beat, but the only way that`ll happen is, if I get divorced, cheaper to pay the taxes.

Tom R.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.