Trapshooters Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
I have an 1100 Comp Syn and love it. They are pretty pricey used on GB now, between $1600-$2k but I would imagine you could luck into one for less.

Alternatively you could go for a regular 1100 trap model. Blued and wood stock. Wont have the tricked out buttstock but will be the same general platform (read super smooth shooter) without breaking the bank.

There are also some Beretta semi autos that are also highly regarded as smooth operators (possibly model# 391 and 303).

Good luck,
Tall

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have an 1100 Comp Syn and love it. They are pretty pricey used on GB now, between $1600-$2k but I would imagine you could luck into one for less.

Alternatively you could go for a regular 1100 trap model. Blued and wood stock. Wont have the tricked out buttstock but will be the same general platform (read super smooth shooter) without breaking the bank.

There are also some Beretta semi autos that are also highly regarded as smooth operators (possibly model# 391 and 303).

Good luck,
Tall
Im looking for the 1100 Comp Syn - hoping to find one around retail price.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you look at their "webpage" (fb) you will see the elder passed away and there are others taking ownership. They have been posting stuff as late as December. They should get their own real webpage instead of using the one they have, thats owned by a leftwing fascist.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
The SX3 Composite looks like a great SC gun, but lacking the add-ons the 1100 Competition Synthetic has-the adjustable comb, Auto-Buster, every choke but IM, (LF is the highest the SX3 goes, as it is designed for SC) the things that make the 1100 Competition Synthetic a great Trap, Skeet, and Sporting Clays gun. Mine has killed a few pheasants, also.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The SX3 Composite looks like a great SC gun, but lacking the add-ons the 1100 Competition Synthetic has-the adjustable comb, Auto-Buster, every choke but IM, (LF is the highest the SX3 goes, as it is designed for SC) the things that make the 1100 Competition Synthetic a great Trap, Skeet, and Sporting Clays gun. Mine has killed a few pheasants, also.
I keep looking for the 1100 Comp SC - I have found one but they want 1900, a little much for me right now!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I coach a youth clay target team and for years have recommended this gun to the parents of kids on our team, we've had nearly a dozen kids buy these and shoot them with great success, they've proven to be a great value for the money.

I had a kid today ask where he could purchase one of these guns, so I looked on GunBroker, where I've normally found many on sale, and there are none to be found. I see none on Guns America either, and I can't find any listed on any of the usual suspect web sites (Bud's Gun Shop/Cabela's/etc.).

Remington still lists the 1100 Competition Synthetic on their website but I sure can't find anyone selling them - does anyone know what has happened to the supply of these? I believe Ken Rucker/Speedbump Stockworks has moved and perhaps Ken is semi-retired?, and I can't readily find new Jack West stocks available online (this gun features Ken Rucker's "Bumpbuster" recoil absorption device mounted to a Ken Rucker adjustable stock amongst other features).

Does anyone know if these guns are still being made?
I tried to buy one for my son @ Christmas. I couldn't even find a used one! I would think the new owners would be smart enough to carry on with a gun of 1100 stature.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I tried to buy one for my son @ Christmas. I couldn't even find a used one! I would think the new owners would be smart enough to carry on with a gun of 1100 stature.
Does anyone know who the new owners are? I understand that the company was sold into several pieces.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I coach a youth clay target team and for years have recommended this gun to the parents of kids on our team, we've had nearly a dozen kids buy these and shoot them with great success, they've proven to be a great value for the money.

I had a kid today ask where he could purchase one of these guns, so I looked on GunBroker, where I've normally found many on sale, and there are none to be found. I see none on Guns America either, and I can't find any listed on any of the usual suspect web sites (Bud's Gun Shop/Cabela's/etc.).

Remington still lists the 1100 Competition Synthetic on their website but I sure can't find anyone selling them - does anyone know what has happened to the supply of these? I believe Ken Rucker/Speedbump Stockworks has moved and perhaps Ken is semi-retired?, and I can't readily find new Jack West stocks available online (this gun features Ken Rucker's "Bumpbuster" recoil absorption device mounted to a Ken Rucker adjustable stock amongst other features).

Does anyone know if these guns are still being made?
There is an 1100 w/Jackwest stock for sale in the members market.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts