Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I coach a youth clay target team and for years have recommended this gun to the parents of kids on our team, we've had nearly a dozen kids buy these and shoot them with great success, they've proven to be a great value for the money.

I had a kid today ask where he could purchase one of these guns, so I looked on GunBroker, where I've normally found many on sale, and there are none to be found. I see none on Guns America either, and I can't find any listed on any of the usual suspect web sites (Bud's Gun Shop/Cabela's/etc.).

Remington still lists the 1100 Competition Synthetic on their website but I sure can't find anyone selling them - does anyone know what has happened to the supply of these? I believe Ken Rucker/Speedbump Stockworks has moved and perhaps Ken is semi-retired?, and I can't readily find new Jack West stocks available online (this gun features Ken Rucker's "Bumpbuster" recoil absorption device mounted to a Ken Rucker adjustable stock amongst other features).

Does anyone know if these guns are still being made?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Not sure if they are still being made but check out grabagun.com. As of now they don’t have any but will send email updates once back in stock

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I know they have been hit & miss in the past. As Remington doesn't make all the components overall production becomes dependent on availability of things like the stocks & etc. I had a hard time finding mine several years ago then all of a sudden they were everywhere?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know they have been hit & miss in the past. As Remington doesn't make all the components overall production becomes dependent on availability of things like the stocks & etc. I had a hard time finding mine several years ago then all of a sudden they were everywhere?
I remember a few years back when Remington ran out of components (stocks if I recall correctly) and there was a period of time when they were unavailable; used ones were selling online for hundreds more than the typical "new" price. My fear is that the Jack West Stocks/Ken Rucker Bumpbusters are no longer available and that these guns may not be available again, which would be a shame. These guns were a GREAT value for a relatively tricked out target gun.

If anyone knows more about the situation, please share.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I just checked 4 places that I buy from and none of them have any available. That said, I bought one when they were first coming out. I did wind up selling it as just like past history I went back to my O/U. I sold mine for 50.00 less than what I [aid for it and had 3 people wanting it. A call to Remington might be in order to see if they are even releasing them anymore. Especially with the fact that 3 different vendors were involved with the stock, the bumpbuster and the barrel.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ok... here is the actual truth of the matter. The 1100 has a Jack West stock made by one company, Auto-Buster recoil system made by Ken Rucker and the rest of the gun is done by Remington. The stock maker changed the company making the stocks, so the gun was out of production for a while. All parts are now being made again and we have shipped 600 recoil systems to Remington in the last several months with orders for 1200 more this year. You should be able to find these again fairly soon.
Ken has had some health issues that we are still dealing with, but we are still in business and have moved to north Texas. We have the recoil system in stock, but we no longer carry the Jack West stock in our inventory.

Please direct any further questions to me and I’ll be happy to provide you the answers.

Thanks,
Carolyn Rucker

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok... here is the actual truth of the matter. The 1100 has a Jack West stock made by one company, Auto-Buster recoil system made by Ken Rucker and the rest of the gun is done by Remington. The stock maker changed the company making the stocks, so the gun was out of production for a while. All parts are now being made again and we have shipped 600 recoil systems to Remington in the last several months with orders for 1200 more this year. You should be able to find these again fairly soon.
Ken has had some health issues that we are still dealing with, but we are still in business and have moved to north Texas. We have the recoil system in stock, but we no longer carry the Jack West stock in our inventory.

Please direct any further questions to me and I’ll be happy to provide you the answers.

Thanks,
Carolyn Rucker
Thank you for the update Carolyn, and best wishes to your hubby for a speedy recovery!

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
Carolyn,
I figured it was the stock availability, too. You saved me a lot of checking around! Please give my best to Ken. I really enjoyed shooting with your Granddaughter at the TX state shoot last year. She is a sweetheart and a darn good shot!

Scott Hanes

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks Scott! Kaden is a tough cookie! Ken gave her one of his Browning ST-100’s.....I foresee her first 100 straight coming very soon. We’re hoping to take her to the Grand at some point.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Will the stocks used in the Competition be available for individual purchase? From Rucker, Remington, or another company?

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
I picked up a used competition but have not had a chance to shoot it. It came with the "light" springs installed. I know that they come new in the box with the medium springs installed. What is a good starting point, should I start with the medium? More importantly I need to know which way to go as there is no info with as to going lighter or heavier with regard to felt recoil.

Thank you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Will the stocks used in the Competition be available for individual purchase? From Rucker, Remington, or another company?
We no longer have them, but I believe you can buy the stock from Remington. If they won’t sell you the recoil system too, we have them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I picked up a used competition but have not had a chance to shoot it. It came with the "light" springs installed. I know that they come new in the box with the medium springs installed. What is a good starting point, should I start with the medium? More importantly I need to know which way to go as there is no info with as to going lighter or heavier with regard to felt recoil.

Thank you.
Start with the medium. Almost no one uses the light springs. If you’re going to shoot heavy loads, change to the heavy springs. Light springs=more felt recoil.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts