Trapshooters Forum banner

Autumn Grand

1831 Views 11 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  ezz555
Please tell me why Tucson Trap&Skeet has to raise there prices every year for the Satellite Grands Autumn & Spring.This year 42.00 plus 5.00 fees for one event.The other Satelites charge 38.00 to 39.00 per events.plus if you pre squad another 2.00 per event.This is getting out of hand they are hurting the Winter Visitors plus Az shooters that support the club all year.Who Gets the pre Squad money?The ATA or TT&S.With the high price of Shells and entry fees Trapshooting is going to be the thing of the Past.

Thanks SES
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
732 Posts
There was a debate about raising ATA fees at the BOD meeting during this year's Grand. It was defeated by a relatively close vote. The arguments in favor were that costs keep rising, especially for staff and administration - a valid argument. Those against cited rising cost of shells, gas and inflation in general. I voted against the raise, not because it was not justified, but because the ATA had very substantial earnings this past year in their investments and I thought that an increase would send a bad message to our members.

That being said, Club costs are a different matter, and please remember that Tucson is a club and not an association. Arizona has mandated increases in the minimum wage, and it is harder and harder to get workers. TTSC has a larger staff than most clubs due to its size, and they do not want to cutback on the help and general efficiency of their shoots as other venues are doing. Shooters are always wanting more and better trophies and those costs certainly have not decreased. Utility and insurance costs are rising and so forth. Clubs are not immune from the very factors behind the current rise in inflation. And one thing that you will not see at TTSC is a rip off in ammunition pricing.

Trap shooting unfortunately is not inexpensive. Our guns, ammunition and cost of either hotels or RV's are high. Unfortunately we will lose some shooters for those reasons, but the same holds true for many other recreational activities. All are luxuries, not necessities. I only hope that we have a counter balance emanating from those entering the sport. Organizations such as AIM and SCTP are more than a ray of hope as is the growth of trap shooting as a school sport. Time will tell.
JEB

· Registered
2,051 Posts
All true, but historically, Tucson has always been the most expensive place to shoot. Everywhere has increased costs, but Tucson will always lead the price increases.

The reality is, however, that the difference between 38 and 42 dollars per hundred is a minimal percentage of the total cost of trapshooting.

· Registered
293 Posts
Tucson has to hire lots of temporary emplyees to run a shoot that large. It's basically a private club - not an association. They could probably cut back on temporary employees but our shooting experience would suffer. From the outside looking in I'd have to say they hold some of the most effeciently run shoots anywhere and the shooters appreciate that. Trapshooting is not an inexpensive hobby and a few bucks more for a first class experience is probably a less percentage increase than your price for shells, motels, and fuel to get there as we are experiencing right now. If you've never been there, give 'em a try. You'll enjoy it!

· Registered
60 Posts
There was a debate about raising ATA fees at the BOD meeting during this year's Grand. It was defeated by a relatively close vote. The arguments in favor were that costs keep rising, especially for staff and administration - a valid argument. Those against cited rising cost of shells, gas and inflation in general. I voted against the raise, not because it was not justified, but because the ATA had very substantial earnings this past year in their investments and I thought that an increase would send a bad message to our members.

That being said, Club costs are a different matter, and please remember that Tucson is a club and not an association. Arizona has mandated increases in the minimum wage, and it is harder and harder to get workers. TTSC has a larger staff than most clubs due to its size, and they do not want to cutback on the help and general efficiency of their shoots as other venues are doing. Shooters are always wanting more and better trophies and those costs certainly have not decreased. Utility and insurance costs are rising and so forth. Clubs are not immune from the very factors behind the current rise in inflation. And one thing that you will not see at TTSC is a rip off in ammunition pricing.

Trap shooting unfortunately is not inexpensive. Our guns, ammunition and cost of either hotels or RV's are high. Unfortunately we will lose some shooters for those reasons, but the same holds true for many other recreational activities. All are luxuries, not necessities. I only hope that we have a counter balance emanating from those entering the sport. Organizations such as AIM and SCTP are more than a ray of hope as is the growth of trap shooting as a school sport. Time will tell.
JEB
Tucson always puts on a good shoot. It is well run venue and if that cost a little more then so be it. They should be profitable and everyone knows that costs are on the rise in every facet of life these days.

· Registered
2,397 Posts
Cost are rising everywhere. You can't print money like crazy and then not pay the consequences for it. Lets go for a higher minimum wage so we can overcome what the government pays people to stay at home. It is all tough on small businesses or any business for that matter. They are forced to raise prices as they are all in it to make a profit at the end of the day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.