Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides the old Hollywood Automatic Shotshell Reloader is there another reloader that dispenses wads automatically?

·
Registered
22,848 Posts
You don't get many but every wad style/brand has a few mold mistakes and petal deformities. Me, I like to place wads by hsnd just to cstch the defectives.

Reactions: llukesh

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I remember a thread on this subject a few years back. If I recall correctly, it isn't practical for a small application like we would use as an individual loading shells.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
About 10 years ago I recall a thread about fixing deformed wad petals. I believe someone said they put the wads in a zippered laundry bag and placed the bag in a clothes dryer on a lower heat setting for a couple of minutes and the petals just went back to their corret position. I never did it but I thought it could have worked providing you took the bag out after a few minutes at a lower heat setting.

John S.

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
About 10 years ago I recall a thread about fixing deformed wad petals. I believe someone said they put the wads in a zippered laundry bag and placed the bag in a clothes dryer on a lower heat setting for a couple of minutes and the petals just went back to their corret position. I never did it but I thought it could have worked providing you took the bag out after a few minutes at a lower heat setting.

John S.
Old Claybusters had all kinds of bent petals. Bag of them in a dryer was one solution. They have since fixed the problem.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Just received a case of CB 1oz "Lightning" wad's.
Some bag's had malformed petals....No Big Deal, I put a Bag of 500, as needed in a laundry bag and stuck them in my wife's dryer for 5 min. All turned out well.
I have been doing this for years when I find a deformed wad's.
I do wish there was a practical way to machine load all wad onto my MEC loader.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I would love to see how it's done. I am guessing that the wads are connected together with just a small both of plastic when there made. Then fed in like a belt fed machine gun.

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
Feeding them individually would not be too difficult. Connecting them during the mold process would make it a nightmare. Most of the deformity in plastic comes from running the process too fast. The SOP is to get the mould open as fast as possible and.....The parts come out too hot and they have very little stability. Depending on how far they fall, results in deformed parts. Post mold handling can have a large effect on how consistent the product stays. If they were connected when molded, the mat of wads would easily become deformed. Then time and environment during storage comes into play.

Feeding frail, injection molded parts takes skill, compared to metal items.......... they are not on the same Galaxy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts