Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was informed that there is a shooter out there that has a Auto Mate for a P/W they are wanting to sell. If so please send me a PM. Thanks, Jake Jacobs

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
MIA,

When Jim Benn was producing the units (prior to selling the company to Mec), he sold units for Mec, P/W and Spolar. The P/W-Spolar unit was identical, but had different mounting holes on the platform as I recall. Mec had linkage that ran up the backside, where as the P/W-Spolar unit was more direct drive with a coupling arrangement.

I had Mec/Automate and P/W Automate units. Both worked well. I currently have the P/W 800+ and Spolar hydraulic. I use the shell feeder P/W sells, and like the foot control aspect. I just drop in a wad and watch the stations.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Jack, I thought about your offer on mounting mine up at your place and decided that the winter months would be horrible.
Hello to pastor.
Don

·
Strong Supporter of Trapshooting
4,727 Posts
You'd be better off purchasing the new Ponsness/Warren Electric Drive.

It has a warranty, parts will always be availble and support.

Since Jim Benn sold the Automate to Mec, there is ZERO support/parts for either the Spolar or P/W units.

I worked on the development of both the Spolar and P/W units.

Whiz White

·
Strong Supporter of Trapshooting
4,727 Posts
TOM: Yes I do. They are $799 and $849, the latter having the foot switch.

Incidentally, the Spolar uses a different coupler. I know because when Jim Benn was making the P/W unit, I made a coupler that would adapt to the Spolar. Jim then manufactured the plates with different mounting holes for the Spolar.

P/W will be raising prices on March 1.

Whiz

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.