Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
K80 Trap Special Combo, Beretta 687 SP3
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I researched earlier threads on PW Auto Drive and found that Border Bandit ,and Jim Skeel posted that the rotation of the Auto drive worked better in a CCW rotation. My question is. Is that looking at the back of the motor, or from the clutch side to determine that?? Have had an auto drive for a few years, and have it hooked up, but found nothing definitive in the instructions.
Thanks for you help in advance.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
Mine is also CCW from the clutch side. I did not know you could change it. Also, I do not know what difference it would make if it did turn the opposite direction, the motor arm just pushes and pulls on the loading handle, circular (motor) to linear (loading handle) motion. Regards, Bob

Added info. Duh, mine also has a switch that will forward or reverse. I use the foot pedal on mine but when the loader will not full cycle you sometimes have to back up to clear the problem. Didn't think about that as I was not in front of the machine when I wrote the orig. response. Sorry John Henry, you are correct, they all have the switch. Bob

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Mine is also CCW from the clutch side. I did not know you could change it. Also, I do not know what difference it would make if it did turn the opposite direction, the motor arm just pushes and pulls on the loading handle, circular (motor) to linear (loading handle) motion. Regards, Bob
not sure how old your unit is, and what press you run, but the newer control boxes come with a switch for direction.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Mine is the hand operated model and if you push the toggle forward it is CCW. Pull back and it is CW. I sit while reloading so it is more natural to push the toggle forward.

DSC_0002 (1).jpeg

·
Premium Member
K80 Trap Special Combo, Beretta 687 SP3
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not sure how old your unit is, and what press you run, but the newer control boxes come with a switch for direction.
I run an 800+ with foot control and a change of direction in the switch box. Thanks

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
This is the control box for a foot pedal Spolar PW drive. The lit up switch is power, the toggle on the left is to set direction (CW or CCW), and the momentary red push button is for operation.

It's a lawyer-inspired device for liability. As it comes from PW, you would have to depress the red button at the same time as pressing the foot pedal, so they are wired in series. Putting my electrical engineering degree to work, simply disconnected the push button, and butted the wires together, so now only the foot pedal needs to be pressed for operation.

20200403_170835.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts