Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
I wasn't aware Stu Wright was an Authorized Browning Gunsmith. I don't believe he is. I think you would be better served contacting MidWest Gun Works in Pevely, MO just South of St.Louis. They are.

Midwest Gun Works, Inc<br>
1101 Mason Circle Drive South<br>
Pevely, MO, 63070<br>
Tel: 636-475-7300<br>
Fax: 636-475-7303<br>
[email protected]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You also have Browning in Arnold, MO also just south of St.Louis.

Browning Service Department<br>
3005 Arnold-Tenbrook Road<br>
Arnold, Missouri 63010-4728<br>
1-800-322-4626

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Anyone but Browning in Arnold, MO. If you send it to them you'll get the super duper 6 month turn around service.

The only time you get decent service from them is at the Grand when you walk in and hand it to them.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Well if Wright's is a factory authorized service center they are not listed on the Browning USA site list of factory authorized service centers. Maybe the website is not up to date.

·
Registered
742 Posts
In central Illinois, Wright's would be my first stop. I know that as recently as '05 they were an authorized service center. They do nice, quick work. Even if they aren't currently on Browning's list, I doubt they have forgotten how Brownings come apart and go back together.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Art's' though I don't know if they are authorized. Also, if there is after market work such as forcing cones Browning won't work on it.
Browning would be my last choice based on a friend's experience. 15 months to install a new hinge pin on a Diana grade, do some wood repairs and generally tighten up. When he got it back it was extremely hard to open. The bolt looked like it was finished with a bastard file and when made to smoothly disengage still had tool marks and the top lever was left of center. Is a lot of their work farmed out or are the just that poor?

Chuck

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Given what I've heard of Browning's service in Arnold....they'll never get a chance to touch my Super...thankfully I have a parts supplier in Alberta (Western Gun Parts) and my own gunsmith who does great work.

Ron Burr

·
Registered
175 Posts
Stu Wright does very good work he worked on my BT100 at the Grand fixed the
problem with the ejector took the creep out of the Trigger. Browning refused
to work on it because it was a discontinued model. that shows you what kind
of company browning is.Stu Wright is the place they will treat you fair& honest

Jim

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
If you need warranty work on a Browning go to Midwest Gun Works. Factory authorized, do great work, reasonable turnaround time and on the Illinois/Missouri border (of course there is a river to cross).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Having just had horrible experience with Browning customer service in Arnold
I would have to say don't bother with those folks.
In fact, I will not buy another Browning product due to their lack of concern and down-right unconcerned (translate rude here) response to my ruffled feathers.
In short--- Brand new Citori 725 Sporting with double firing right out of the box.
Basically, "take-a-number-and-sit-down".
My argument( brand new and can't use it) was completely unpersuasive to get a more rapid turn-around.
Now I wish I hadn't raised my voice in the end. I will be lucky to ever get it back ! ;0(

·
Registered
97 Posts
I just had Midwest Gun Works tighten (plus other minor work) my Citori GTi. It took a reasonable amount of time and a fair price. UPS had the gun almost as long as they did. I'm satisfied.
Jack

·
Registered
5 Posts
I sent my 1961 Superposed Broadway to Browning in Arnold, Mo for a complete "re-do." They kept the gun 18 months and charged me $1,500. The cosmetics were pretty good, but the mechanical work they should have completed was not done.

I returned the gun with a complete explanation of the issue (worn ejectors that should have been replaced). They were then "unable to replicate my problem" and sent the gun back. Through some in-depth research on the internet in Belgium, I found a guy in Browning International (FN) who, after reviewing my complete file of correspondence and documents, air-expressed new ejector parts to me at no cost.

While they were being installed by a local gunsmith, he discovered that the hammer for the lower barrel was cracked nearly through and replaced that. He also honed out the chambers.

I complained to Browning HQ in Utah but that organization merely forwarded my issue back to the crew at Arnold. They merely hemmed, hawed, and stonewalled.

You are on target in finding a local gunsmith. I surely will never again use Browning USA. Mike Miller

1 - 15 of 15 Posts