Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is in the wrong category, but I can't find a "For the Good of TS.com" listing. I've not contributed anything for auction to benefit David and the site for a while out of deference to others who kept beating me to the punch. Didn't want to compete with them.

Now that Christmas is behind us and we're all counting the bags full of money we got from Santa Claus, it's time to give up some of that cash to help defray some of the costs of keeping all of us entertained here. I'm listing something other than Myrtlewood just to change things up a little.

Up for auction with 100% of the proceeds going directly to David for support of Trapshooters.com is a beautiful Claro Walnut shotgun blank with great colors, perfect layout and the bonus of a full feather. This blank would look right at home on a Model 12, Model 31 or 32, a 3200 and other guns of the 30s through the 70s ilk that were typically supplied from the factory with a nice feather crotch chunk of Eastern Black or California Claro. It would also dress up an 11-87 pretty well. Measurements are 19" long, 7 1/4" tall at the butt, 3 1/2" tall at the receiver (before the bevel) and 2 7/16" wide. I'll provide a closely matching forend blank that matches the colors and fiddleback at the receiver end of the stock blank.

The feather is a little less distinct on the left side, but promises to be much stronger when the milling starts in the duplication process.

Rules of the auction are:

Auction starts now with a minimum entry bid of $100.00. Minimum incremental bids are $10.00 with higher increments gladly accepted. Your bids must be made on this thread and I would appreciate you adding your name to your first bid, please. This auction will end at exactly midnight Eastern Time on Tuesday, December 31, 2013. That gives everybody plenty of time to scrape together nickels and dimes, Lewis class winnings this weekend and other financial sources. Remember, this auction is solely for the benefit of David to be applied as he sees fit for the support of our beloved website. No benefit accrues to White Creek except the responsibility to pay for the shipping to ALL 50 STATES.

Loosen up wallets and let's start the bidding!!

Mike Mann WHITE CREEK GUNSTOCK BLANKS

·
Supporting Vendor
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your bids, gentlemen. Moving this back to the top for Saturday consideration.

Mike

·
Banned
145 Posts
I was able to get a blank of myrtle wood from Barry Roach that was donated by the good Mr. M. The myrtle wood was incedible. Although I'm not able to bring up the picture, I'm sure that it will be equally incredible. So, my bid is $325.00. Tony Generose

·
Supporting Vendor
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to Ian, Coyote and Tony for your bids. Bringing this one back to the top for Monday. Remember, White Creek gets nothing from this auction except the right to pay for the shipping to anywhere in the FIFTY (50) states. Hawaii and Alaska - you're included and I know there's still some money in both states. Haven't heard from Texas in a while and I know there's a dollar floating around within those borders.

All proceeds from this auction go directly to David to help defray the costs of keeping us all entertained. Bid high and bid often. Tony, I'd love to see the pics of the finished Myrtlewood stock.

Thanks for looking, Mike Mann White Creek Gunstock Blanks

·
Supporting Vendor
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Moving up for the last day. A little over 9 hours to go. We've got $325.00 as the high bid right now and we'd like to get more to pass along to David. Remember that I'll ship this set to all 50 states.

Regards and Happy New Year to all,

Mike Mann

·
Supporting Vendor
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tony,

I appreciate your last bid and you are the winner. Send me your shipping address and I'll package and ship as soon as David receives the funds.

Thank you very much for your support of the Trapshooters.com site. I'll ask David to forward his mailing address to you so you two can handle the financial transaction directly.

Thank you to all who looked and especially to those who bid.

Mike Mann

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Pretty strange, this is the first time I saw this auction. And it's New Years Day morning 1/1/14. I didn't need a blank so I would not have bid on it but I find it odd that I haven't seen this thread before. I am on this site almost daily.

Chuck

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
Congratulations to Tony-the winner who beat us on that one. Maybe Mike will do it again and we'll be more observant next time. If you snooze you lose-get over it!!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hey Mike, I think the time is right to turn around and do another auction for all the guys that missed this last one. In fact I will start the Bidding at $100 for what-ever-it-is. HAPPY NEW YEAR

·
Supporting Vendor
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gentlemen,

1643 views in 4 days. I really don't know what else to say except I'm sorry that you both didn't see the auction thread. I even did the subject line in caps so us old folks could read it.

Thanks Andy for your kind words.

Coyote - If I'm going to do another auction just for the folks who missed this one, you couldn't be the first bidder because you didn't miss this one. I may look around and see what else I can auction just so I can honor your blind bid. Don't worry, it'll be worth more than $100.00. I think I found something (and it is - rare). Keep your eyes peeled later tonight.

Again thanks Byrrrrrrrdddddddmann for the winning bid!

Mike Mann

1 - 16 of 16 Posts