Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have an AIM team here in Virginia and I'm looking for something beyond the traditional paper and pencil score pads.

Do you use anything electronic/app based? Do these options just let you mark dead/loss, or can you choose bird direction (hard left/right, nickel left/right, straightaway, etc) as well? Can I save shooter's names for future use? How about deeper analytics on each shooter?

How does the device/software hold up in the wind, rain, dirt, snow, etc?

Pricing?

Which features are the existing products lacking that I would wish they had?

Is it even worth the effort? i.e. do parents and kids appreciate it? Do you only use it for practice, or take it to registered shoots also?

I'd like something to keep the parents/kids interested and engaged, while helping me as a coach, but would hate for it all to be a wasted effort. Pencil and paper is a pretty easy option!

I'm interested in all feedback and opinions, thanks!!

Dean

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Dean,

We use app called ITRAPPshoot.COM for our high school and junior teams in Truckee.
Very user friendly with both mac and Droid accesibilty. It can even be used offline then boots up to the net and updates once back in range.

http://itrappshoot.com/

We have an AIM team here in Virginia and I'm looking for something beyond the traditional paper and pencil score pads.

Do you use anything electronic/app based? Do these options just let you mark dead/loss, or can you choose bird direction (hard left/right, nickel left/right, straightaway, etc) as well? Can I save shooter's names for future use? How about deeper analytics on each shooter?

How does the device/software hold up in the wind, rain, dirt, snow, etc?

Pricing?

Which features are the existing products lacking that I would wish they had?

Is it even worth the effort? i.e. do parents and kids appreciate it? Do you only use it for practice, or take it to registered shoots also?

I'd like something to keep the parents/kids interested and engaged, while helping me as a coach, but would hate for it all to be a wasted effort. Pencil and paper is a pretty easy option!

I'm interested in all feedback and opinions, thanks!!

Dean

·
Registered
193 Posts
If you have IOS (not sure about Android based) you can get the Trap Score Sheet that pretty much does the same thing as paper/pen but it adds up scores automatically. The main advantage I can see is that is doesn't blow in the wind and if the devices have a good case, they will hold up in the rain/snow and such.
Its a bit expensive but it could have some benefits for coaches scoring to make sure scores are correct

If you have questions about it, ask me and I'll try to help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts