Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I just competed a Nora Ross shooting clinic this past weekend. We picked up a lot of good shooting tips to try and ward off bad habits as we get more involved with trap shooting.

Since Nora is a one eyed shooter there were a lot of one eyed shooters that attended the clinic. I shoot two eyed, even shoot pistols and rifles two eyed, and I was still able to get a lot out of the clinic.

I am curious though and have a question for you more experienced shooters out there. Are there many other great one eyed shooters that have become top notch trap shooters?

Reactions: Flor1

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have shot with the late Frank Little and he was a two eyed shooter. I have also shot with with Steve in the 1970's and he shot with two eyes.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Are there many other great one eyed shooters that have become top notch trap shooters?
There will always be "great" shooters who only shoot with one eye. No matter how well they "shoot", they can't "see" as well as those of us that use two eyes.

Name one creature on this planet that has one eye. Hmm.....maybe there's a reason for that!

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
The shooters born with a strong dominant eye, opposite their dominant hand, are in the minority. People shooting trap and those doing it extremely well are a minuscule minority. Someone being both means they are indeed special and have worked hard. Nora Ross is an example of both. Most of us are still trying and take her class like I have. She has a lot to offer any shooter and her class is a better investment than most.

·
Registered
558 Posts
My brother shoots primarily HDCP but does so pretty well (5x 94+avg 27) one-eyed. Aaron Holguin ATA # :8302143

It's definitely doable. I just haven't done it since I was 13.

JH

·
Registered
917 Posts
We have a high school senior in our leagues, who shoots with one eye. He finishes at the top spot of the league, every year, among all the other shooters.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Those of us who have cross dominance issues or begin to crossfire no doubt have a minor disadvantage. Some like Nora Ross work hard to overcome that disadvantage and are able to make monkey's out of those who insist they have a handicap. Too many shells and targets are wasted trying to accommodate two eyed shooters who think they are superior and try to convince someone without their advantage that they will never be competitive shooting with one eye.

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts
Robert Hedrick has the best one eyed shooter records in Tennessee. Look Bob up in ATA, especially during the 80's and 90's. Nora is a great instructor and I obtained much help from her clinic. Mitchell Loveless, a two eyed shooter, is also a very good instructor.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Devon Harris, from Indiana, is a one eyed shooter.....I had a great conversation with Devon regarding one eyed shooting. He said he felt like it was an advantage to shoot one eyed....said shooting two eyed might be an advantage if one mounted the gun in the center of their chest.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts