Keystone Pa. 1442

Colonial Classic Pa. 1358

California 1246

Florida 1032

Illinois 1288

Indiana 1129

Iowa 1559

Minnesota 1088

Look at what Pennsylvania and Ohio State shoot attendance and all of the Cardinal Shoots for comparasion, what do you surmise is happening,

Pa. and Oh. are leading all attendance statistics, someone is doing things right

Gary Bryant
Dr.longshot
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

· Banned
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fact Cardinal Classic is leading all ATA Sattelite Grands and Buckeye Classic is Third Overall Then Southern 4th and Missouri Fall Hdcp 5th,
The Spring Grand is 2nd place

Gary Bryant
Dr.longshot

· Banned
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I listed the Spring Grand on first line, and that is all the Sattelite grands listed by the ATA in 2012, where was the Autumn Grand held?

No Flaws just the facts madam, just the facts.

I suggest you go to the ATA Attendance website and verify the largest shoots held nothing less than a THOUSAND WAS CONSIDERED.

Those were just interesting facts supporting Brad Dysinger's thread from last year on itrapshooter.

Gary Bryant
Dr.longshot

· Vendor
20,951 Posts
His point is that if you ain't Ohio or Pennsylvannia, you are not a real trapshooter. And certainly not in his league

· Registered
8,427 Posts
Why did you mix grands with state shoots?

"Pa. and Oh. are leading all attendance statistics, someone is doing things right" Couldn't be because there are more shooters there (or in the area) could it?

Iowa is the 3rd largest State shoot but apparently since we are west of the Mississippi we aren't on your kind of map. lol

By the way I hope Brad has turn signals on his ass because if he turned with out warning you would break your nose!!

· Registered
7,593 Posts
Welcome to facts according to the DR. They don't take a lot into consideration but just remember they must be true as Longsh*t told you so.

Bob Lawless

· Registered
15,172 Posts
Tony, In a few more years you'll experience:

material + labor + expenses - income = balance sheet. If you can add the catgories and stay in the black plus keep the bank and investors happy...knock your self out.

Talk to the club managers and see what they say.

Lets hope it's not "minus income"

· Registered
33 Posts
If you really wanted to see "who's doing it right" wouldn't you want to look at attendance numbers of each of these shoots over a period of time (ie 15 years) to see which are growing and which are declining?

A snapshot of 2012 attendance tells me very little.

Just saying...

· Registered
15,172 Posts
FlaLagarto, That's the ATA's way of looking at it. The number of attendees is secondary. Have more events over a longer period of time and expect fewer shooters to shoot more targets.

Poor plan for growth.

6,495 Posts
Maybe those interested PA and OH trapshooters should withdraw from the ATA entirely and join the soon-to-be-created CTA... the Cardinal Trapshooting Association...

· Registered
15,172 Posts
FlaLagarto, You are the one that mentioned "Targets thrown" as the most important item. It's true, it is important for the bottom line at a shoot, but membership and attendance indicates the strength of the base and the draw of the shoot event.

If the number of events at the 2012 Grand are equal to those at for example the 92' Grand, targets thrown would be comparable, and that applies to any shoot in the US. If the existing membership has the time and resources to attend those shoots and make up the target difference, it helps the event, but not the growth of the ATA.

I'm concerned over the direction our sport is heading. People on here can blame it as an "Ohio thing", but it's not. The lack of growth, or even maintaining membership is scary. We can't ignore it.

Like I said in a previous post "When membership drops from 80,000 to 20,000, someone better pay attenetion". This isn't just a Grand problem, it's a memebership and attendance problem.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.