Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
World Shooting & Recreational Complex Update 10/1/2015

The Event Center is still open, hosting weddings, receptions and other events and will remain OPEN INDEFINITELY.

JT Caliber’s Restaurant in the Event Center is still open and will remain OPEN INDEFINITELY.

The year-round vendors in the vendor buildings and Event Center are still open and will remain OPEN INDEFINITELY.

The Campground was closed for the season October 1.

Shooting activities and ONLY SHOOTING ACTIVITIES were SUSPENDED on October 1. The park was NOT CLOSED.

The State of Illinois has NO PLANS TO PERMANENTLY CLOSE THE WSRC.

Allocations were made in both the legislature’s budget and the Governor’s budget for the WSRC, however neither budget has

The Illinois Senator & Representative from the area and IDNR officials in Springfield have assured the ATA on numerous occasions

that once the budget is finalized, the WSRC WILL BECOME A FOCUS OF INCREASED MARKETING AND PROMOTION. They are

aware of the ECONOMIC IMPACT the WSRC has on the area and realize that there is potential for MORE.

An Executive Director for the Complex, from the shooting sports industry, will be named as soon as the budget is finalized.

We remain extremely confident that the 2016 GRAND AMERICAN AND SCTP CHAMPIONSHIPS WILL BE AT THE WSRC IN SPARTA.

Lynn Gipson – ATA Executive Director

·
Registered
737 Posts
I have the solution. The Illinois politicians should issue all the ghetto dwellers in Chicago Trap Stamps. Just like food stamps, paid for by folks like you and me who work and pay taxes. Thus the victims of white racism could go to Sparta and learn trap. It would be PC and the govt. would never dream of taking it away from them.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Am hoping to take my Granddaughter to the Grand next year. I live 30 minutes from the Cardinal Center and I am not part of "that group" of people wanting to see Sparta fail.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I wonder why shooting would be the only thing suspended? Wouldn't it make more sense to try to maximize revenue especially since everything else is supposed to be open?

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
What organized shooting events are/were cancelled by this shutdown? What other organizations besides the ATA are being affected? What other tournaments, leagues or special shooting activities, for all the activities involved and not just trap, are now cancelled?

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Most of the people at the State House have no idea whats going on at the WSRC or even what it is. All they know it's one of the items slated to be closed until a budget is passed.

Same thing as when Obama shut the school kids out of the White House, it's a dirty political trick.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
This is a positive sign. Now if they'll just assure me that my camp spot will remain OPEN INDEFINITELY I'll be a happy camper.

·
Registered
58 Posts
What organized shooting events are/were cancelled by this shutdown? What other organizations besides the ATA are being affected? What other tournaments, leagues or special shooting activities, for all the activities involved and not just trap, are now cancelled?
They had to move the SCTP Collegiate shoot that was to be held in Sparta at the end of October. The SPP (Scholastic Pistol Program) had to relocate it's Illinois State shoot that was also scheduled for the end of October. All the youth trap teams in the area have no place to practice or hold events there would be several more before winter hit. I now have no place for my 20 kids on my pistol team to practice. So there are many things being affected by the "No Shooting" shutdown.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts