Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is that allowed by the ATA?

ATA shooters who "suppress" or conceal (hide) their history on the Shooters Information Center I know there is a process, because I KNOW several very active ATA shooters who are currently doing it. They have to be, because they are not on there. As far as the Info Center goes, they do not exist

No, I am personally not interested in suppressing my own history or results, but I was interested in looking at some current shooters that I know, and BELIEVE ME, they are not listed and do not show up in the Info Center.

What is the process... How is that done?

·
Super Moderator
5,306 Posts

ATA shooters who "suppress" or conceal (hide) their history on the Shooters Information Center I know there is a process, because I KNOW several very active ATA shooters who are currently doing it. They have to be, because they are not on there. As far as the Info Center goes, they do not exist

No, I am personally not interested in suppressing my own history or results, but I was interested in looking at some current shooters that I know, and BELIEVE ME, they are not listed and do not show up in the Info Center.

For example, who?

·
Premium Member
5,552 Posts
You have to make sure you are searching the exact name they are registered under.

·
Registered
5,582 Posts

Sounds like BS to me unless they shot recently and it hasn’t been posted yet. What shooters are you referring to that your accusations are aimed at?

·
Premium Member
11,895 Posts
Sometimes names are hard to find if they have a "Jr." or a "III" behind them. Otherwise, like Dukefan said, you have to spell them exactly correctly.

Reactions: Doc! and Sportshot

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, you are telling me that there are no circumstances that a registered shooter's name can be hidden in the database?

It is a possibility about the "after-name" designation, Jr, Junior, III, Esq. etc. which I already knew and did include most variables in a search, and I've seen that even incorrect -spacing- can cause a non-result. Is it possible to sort shooters in the Information Center by State, and not just alphabetically?

V10, I could sent you an example, but I want to do it confidentially if you can PM me.

·
Administrator
8,650 Posts
Every year a average book is published, ultimately it will go in there. I have never heard of someone supressing their numbers.

The shooter information center is a tool so that if you are at a club and need a shooters averages for classifications you can have it at your disposal.

So tell me why would the ATA build a screen tool into their system that allows you to supress the info....??

·
Premium Member
4,600 Posts
Sportshot
Look up the person on the score board and you can find how thier name is spelled .
Pay attention to middle initials and type it into shooter information center (CORRECTLY)
Btw I thought the same thing because I would misspell names or leave out things.
All of us are in there!
WINN,HENRY E

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Mine won't appear unless you type in the middle initial. Same as is on your plastic card.
Steve

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would like to see an improved sort option added to the Shooters Information feature. Specifically an option to sort and list shooters by State... can it be done?

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Typing a partial name will give you a drop down of all names beginning with those letters.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts