Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Banned
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ATA rule? Is turning down a slow pull (less than prompt) considered a F-T-F?

Don't just send me to the Rulebook. Been there and I am still confused.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
No, it's not. A failure to fire is when a target is released promptly and one doesn't shoot (for various reasons).

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
..However, if you turned down what you thought was a slow pull, and it wasn't, that is a lost target. It doesn't then becomes an allowable FTF.
FTF just that. If you shoot at a target and miss the only way you can re-shoot that target is by taking a mulligan.

·
Registered
9,922 Posts
A slow pull to the actual person shooting may not look like a slow pull to the rest of the squad. That is when problems can arise. There have been problems in tournament shooting of shooters turning down targets when the rest of the squad felt the pull was right on time. This is a very touchy subject.

Steve Balistreri
Wauwatosa Wisconsin

·
Banned
1,205 Posts
(for various reasons).
I thought it was for any reason, no?

- 1. A contestant shall be allowed two (2) failures to fire in Singles and Handicap events, for any reason other than stated in Paragraph C.,2.

Why would you describe it as "various reasons" when it is clearly written in the rule book as "any reason."

·
Banned
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A slow pull to the actual person shooting may not look like a slow pull to the rest of the squad. That is when problems can arise. There have been problems in tournament shooting of shooters turning down targets when the rest of the squad feel the pull was right on time. This is a very touchy subject.

Steve Balistreri
Wauwatosa Wisconsin
Even when they use voice-release systems?

·
Banned
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay, take this scenario -

Shooter makes a bad move, or gets beat, or gets a bad angle target; can he turn it down and claim a F-T-F?

Does this happen?

·
Registered
18,740 Posts
You can get a slow release even with voice systems.
Yes, you can. If you have an impedance mismatch on one speaker in the string you can get really slow releases. One black speaker in a string of whites, one little square speaker in a string of rounds, etc. can ( but doesn't always ) give slow releases. If you CAN turn them down you can turn them down. Illegal target/no target.

·
Banned
1,205 Posts
You must be bored on Sat. afternoon and want to be entertained! You might try one of the many ball games on tv!
It seems a simple question. If one is going to claim slow pull, what can the claim be based on. Is it only subjective as to normal and excessive? If it is subjective how could the claim ever be wrong.

If it is a claim of slow pull and accepted, I agree no F-T-F. It was a slow pull and a contestant in not required to fire.

If it is a claim of slow pull and not accepted, it could be claimed as F-T-F. Who would claim slow pull when it wasn't? I am sure the contestant would not "intend" to not shoot at a normally delayed target presentation. Just as if a gun is unloaded, the contestant did not intend to call for a target with a unloaded gun but they did, knowing an unloaded gun will not fire, and that is a F-T-F, I guess, right?

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
You must be bored on Sat. afternoon and want to be entertained! You might try one of the many ball games on tv!
No he is troll who likes to argue and nitpick shit until you just agree with him. You'll notice most everyone else does not engage him because they now have the troll on ignore which is where I keep him. I decided to see who was the ignored person posting. I should have known. I realized quickly why I had it on ignore.

·
Banned
1,205 Posts
No he is troll who likes to argue and nitpick shit until you just agree with him. You'll notice most everyone else does not engage him because they now have the troll on ignore which is where I keep him. I decided to see who was the ignored person posting. I should have known. I realized quickly why I had it on ignore.
Wrong, wrong... no troll here, no troll here, you're the troll. LOL

1 - 20 of 118 Posts