Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I just got my son's new ATA card and the rest of the packet that has the rule book and stickers and such. We were wondering if you get a new number each year or should the year prefix just change. We don't know which way is right to continue tracking his averages. He was renewed by the AIM coach and want to double check that we have the correct numbers. Thanks for the help.

Scott Lambe
Roswell Ga

·
Super Moderator
5,218 Posts
The "prefix" represents the year in which he joined. I'm assuming his is either 10 (for last target year) or 11 (for this target year.) That's his number for life.

The link above will provide you with some instructions for filling in the average card.

Also, please read the Rule Book, and have your son read it too.

If you have any questions, just yell.

Scott Hoover

ATA Delegate, Utah

·
Super Moderator
5,218 Posts
Ahab,

Setter is correct. It used to be that the "prefix" used was the state code for the state you were resident in when you joined. I'm not exactly sure when that changed but I think it was sometime during the 80's.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Scott, I think it was sometime before 1980. I joined in Michigan early in 1978, and my number is 78-01240. My neighbor, Jess Bowman, who introduced me to the ATA, has a number starting with 27, which would be Michigan alphabetically. He started a few years before me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.