Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shot trap in 1969 and have been able to find it. Got new number in 91. Anyone got an old Average Book that could see if my old number is there??

Charlie Becknell
Kentucky

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
I joined the ATA in 1964 and my number then started with the 2 digit code for Minnesota. When I moved to Alberta I was issued a new number starting with the Alberta code 03. At some point in time the ATA changed the prefix to represent the year a member first joined.

·
Registered
9,022 Posts
My wife and I started shooting registered in 1973 not long after we married. I was stationed at Chanute AFB ILL. but, always used my KY. address as my permanent adddress ( being Active Duty Military I could do that). So I was given a KY Identifier ATA number 2101036 . My wife had the same code. We have traveled all over the country and were never given another number ( never wanted one) , no matter where we lived.

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
Charlie, you are in the 1969 (Correction, 1970, I looked in a bunch of them and didn't check the cover when I wrote the rest)) average book and you shot 900 combined singles and handicap. Named with you from Manchester are Dr. J.L. and Life Member James. Unfortunately, the books at that time did not list your membership number. I think the ATA office could look you up and get the information you ask for.

Neil

·
Premium Member
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Neil.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Email the ATA, I shot back in the early 70's and got my number back from Kathy Key along with my target history from back then.

·
Registered
266 Posts
My first reg. ATA targets were 1963 , I have the same ATA number then and now. Indiana started with the two digits of 18.

·
Premium Member
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was wrong, shot in 1970. I downloaded the ATA Average Book, no ATA # listed.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I joined ATA in 1980, and shot a couple of years and realized I could not afford the fun and work was too demanding. Took a hiatus and started back shooting in 2012 and called the ATA office and the girls found my number in their books and started back up like I never stopped. Call the office, they will be able to help you.

·
Premium Member
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I called, they are working on it.

Reactions: grizquad

·
Registered
463 Posts
Charlie, bcnu - are they just looking up your old history or are they combining both numbers and history into one. I've still got number from 80's. I never thought about combining them but I would like my original number back.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I started in 1969 and was givin a paper membership card. later in the 1970's I got a white with blue lettering card. I got busy with work, marriage, kids, and work. started up again in 1999. ATA gave me a new number. I became a life member the next year and got a new number again.

·
Premium Member
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Charlie, bcnu - are they just looking up your old history or are they combining both numbers and history into one. I've still got number from 80's. I never thought about combining them but I would like my original number back.
I was just looking for my old number

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
I shot ATA for a short time in the 70's while in my early 20's, and when I started working in law enforcement I quit to take up competitive pistol. Now retired I have returned after after a 40 plus hiatus. I registered as a new shooter not knowing any better and with a shoot coming up I had not gotten my "new" card. So I called Sparta and they gave me that number but while chatting them up I told them I had belonged and shot years ago. I was then informed they would do a hand search and give me my old number and I thought that was kind of cool until they added I would have to shoot at my old handicap yardage........not cool. I have gotten some odd looks when I present my card with my original number.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts