Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ATA HALL OF FAME

4K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  virg 
#1 ·
Got my new card a few weeks ago and in with it was a form asking for donations to the ATA Hall of Fame. They announced that it was staying in Vandalia. I believe if I remember correctly at the 2009 Grand they announced that a new one was going to be built at Sparta and hopefully ready for the 2010 Grand.
Needless to say when I got there no new museum. What happened?
I understand that the ATA a has signed an agreement for an additional 10 years at Sparta for a total of another 15 years. If this is correct I think it is time to cut the strings with Vandalia. I would be willing to bet there are days go by in Vandalia where the museum is a ghost town. I know Sparta is isolated, but at least the shooters attending the Grand and other shoots could visit the museum while there.
I attended the Grand 32 years in Vandalia, now with the Grand in Sparta and probably there the rest of my lifetime I can see no reason for ever going back to the Dayton area..
I sent them the letter back with no donation and a note stating that as long as it stays in Vandalia I will not be donating anything.
Is this part of the ATA going back to "BUSINESS AS USUAL"?

What happened that this is no longed on trapshooter?
Just my opinion
Virgil Bomkamp

See less See more
#2 ·
The ATA hasn't "signed an agreement for an additional 10 years at Sparta for a total of another 15 years." - yet.

The EC has been given permission to negotiate with the IDNR toward the goal of signing a 10 year lease extension, but it hasn't happened yet.

#6 ·
Virg,

I wrote a similiar letter thanking Ken for staying in his position inspite of the recent turmoil in the ranks.

I expressed my view that the membership had left Dayton and would not likely return during my lifetime.

I am afraid that Ken will be presiding over a "mausoleum " that is unlikely to be visited by trapshooters not from the area.

The museum should be a part of the Grand Experience so that the new shooter can witness the heritage of our sport.

I will never forget the thrill I had when I had Dick Baldwin sign his book for me when I attended my last Grand in Vandalia.

Visiting the museum was a part of my Grand Experience and should be available to those that support and attend the Grand in Sparta.

Maby the museum should be devorced from the ATA and become a stand a lone faculity which the good ole boys could not control. This would make it free to relocate.

my .03 cents

ed.

#12 ·
One thread has shooters crying because they were moving it to Sparta now we have one that that says it should be moved to another location.

Well why don't we just let those that are in charge of running it run it. If you are so sure you can make the decisions for the HOF apply for the job. The job they have is hard enough why don't some of you try a little support instead of attitude.

Bob Lawless

#13 ·
One more time...

The Trapshooting Hall of Fame, and the ATA are two entirely different organizations run by two entirely seperate board of directors and trustees.

The HOF was organized in 1969 by a group who wished to preserve the history of our sport, somehow ATA got into the logo and is misleading.

If you go to the HOF website you will read that they are staying in Dayton for now. Perhaps they have done some rethinking about building on leased land in Sparta, and have regrouped and are waiting to see what shakes out on the "so far Unsigned", next 10 year agreement with Illinois and the ATA.

Dave in SC

#19 ·
If this has been rehashed before I an sorry I brought it up again, I just got my renewel a week or two ago and seen the notice that is was staying in Vandalia, last year we were told at the Grand that is was moving to Sparta and hoped to be ready for 2010. Our delegate from Wisconsin told us at our WTA meeting last week that the extension was a done deal.

I very seldom look at the threads anymore as someone always seems to have to put on a smartass remark or two about posts when simple questions or statements are made.

As far as doing something for the ATA I have been a member [currently life] for over 42 years, run a gun club for 48 years, throwing reistered targets for 38 years, have been and currently a Wisconsin director over 10 years, attended and shot the Grand every year since 1973. Preside over and help run the largest one day shoot in Wisconsin. Have registered over 110,000 16yd, 85,000 handicap and about 20,000 doubles targets. Can you say the same?
Virg

#20 ·
VIRG - you should be listed here:

WISCONSIN
TRAPSHOOTING ASSOCIATION
HALL OF FAME
Name
Year
Inducted
Name
Year
Inducted
Guy V. Dering 1974 Ron Bell 2000
Fred Dreyfus 1974 Robert Bohringer 2000
Harry Dunham 1974 Darrell Nelson 2000
L.W. Johnson 1974 Jay Nigbor 2000
John F. Kurth 1974 Dale Reimer 2000
Alex J. Larson 1974 Bob Okray 2002
Charles H. Larson 1974 Ray Moser 2002
Claude W. Olney 1974 Dave Ennis 2002
Victor A. Reinders 1974 Doug Jerabek 2002
Harry Billet 1975 Steve Keeley 2002
W.J. Raup 1975 Elliah Koparian 2003
J.W. Wulf 1975 Rodney Overson 2003
Dolly Issets 1976 Gary “Timber” Wolfe 2005
Clyde Mitchell 1976 James Dekay 2005
William W. Issets 1977 Arlene Otto 2005
Eleanor “Tommy” Reinders 1977 Paul Sedwick 2006
Nancy Krebs Resop 1980 Ben Smith 2006
Ruby Jenner 1984 Jeff, Karen and Bill Recob 2006
William Ptaschinski 1984 Gerald Demulling 2007
Jack Gracey 1985 Cheryl Demulling 2007
Austin LaJuene 1985 Larry Wehinger 2008
Glen Everts 1987 John Atkielski 2008
Grace Bachhuber 1988 Tim Curtin 2009
Ted Bachhuber 1988 James Westover 2009
Julie Deckert 1990 Bruce Wiegmann 2010
Fred Ludington 1990
Richard Bennett 1991
Cathy Wehinger 1992
Duane Bucholz 1992
Richard Otto 1992
Loreen Klauser 1993
Jerry Tesch 1993
Robert Wallisch 1994
R.E. “Buzz” Hogue 1996

#21 ·
Ivanhoe, when the Grand was in Ohio so was the HOF. To split them up is just wrong. Now that the Grand is in Ill where MOST SHOOTERS JUST DIDN'T WANT IT THERE, we now are UNABLE TO SEE OR GO TO THE HOF. I for one will not be in Ohio at all so I will not be seeing the HOF. If it goes to Ill, I will see it when there. Simple isn't it. Please read slowly and I think you can understand it then.

#22 ·
Auctioneer just curious but are you a member of the HOF??? If you are you pay for a say so if not?????????

Just in case you are wondering what I am saying see the post by "shotgunpeople" and try extremely hard to understand it. The HOF is not the ATA.

Bob Lawless

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.