Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
From time to time the topic of where the most shooters are in the ATA comes up.

I've posted the numbers of shooters by state/province before, but this time I got ambitious and found a website that would allow me to put in states/provinces and "weight" them by the number of shooters.

Turns out that the "weighted" geographic center of the ATA is near Mt. Pleasant, Iowa. Congratulations. Looks like the closest trap club is the Southeast Iowa Skeet Club in Fairfield, IA.

Let the fun begin. :essen14:

Text Line Map Font Parallel

·
Super Moderator
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just curious. do the other pin placements have any significance?
Tom, as near as I can figure, the website puts the "pin" in the center of the area that is specified. For my purposes, that seemed as good as any other method.

In my case, I only entered the state or province name, I did not enter a specific city in each state or province. So, for example, I entered "Alabama" for the address and used "other weight" and entered 160.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Great chart and info V10. I have searched for this type of info and never found it. May I ask, where you got all the info?

Thanks, as I always wondered how many shooters shot in each state.

·
Super Moderator
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great chart and info V10. I have searched for this type of info and never found it. May I ask, where you got all the info?

Thanks, as I always wondered how many shooters shot in each state.
I put the cashier's download from the ATA into an Access database and run queries on the data. This is just a count of all the shooters who shot at targets in TY14 in each state.

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
Does this mean we have to move the WSRC to Iowa?

:image005:
Dammit straightshooter1 , you beat me to it!:bigdeal:

I hope someone posts that info over there for mcpuke and his minions to see. (mcpuke = :Flush:)

I bet mcpuke and his minions will cry foul because Iowa is the 3rd largest State shoot and thats what skewed the numbers!

·
2,770 Posts
I thought I saw, on one of my drive-bys, Setterman telling them over there he was gonna find V10's chart and post it.

Now, as I understand it, sometimes McPeek puts his foot down (takes it out of his mouth) and forbids anything that refutes or disparages his theories.

Also, they seem to edit/change/add/delete a lot over there. Perhaps they can or will edit V10's chart to make Ohio/PA the "epicenter" (their claim, not mine) of the trapshooting universe. All he's gotta do is change a few numbers.:schacka:

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
I have heard the same thing about them editing peoples posts to fit their needs.

·
Super Moderator
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I thought I saw, on one of my drive-bys, Setterman telling them over there he was gonna find V10's chart and post it.

Now, as I understand it, sometimes McPeek puts his foot down (takes it out of his mouth) and forbids anything that refutes or disparages his theories.

Also, they seem to edit/change/add/delete a lot over there. Perhaps they can or will edit V10's chart to make Ohio/PA the "epicenter" (their claim, not mine) of the trapshooting universe. All he's gotta do is change a few numbers.:schacka:

I already did the "math" for that.

In order to move the "center" into Ohio you need to delete all the data for the states/provinces west of the Mississippi except for those immediately west such as Louisiana, Arkansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, and Manitoba. The center would then move to a bit northeast of Vandalia, OH.

·
Registered
21,599 Posts
I already did the "math" for that.

In order to move the "center" into Ohio you need to delete all the data for the states/provinces west of the Mississippi except for those immediately west such as Louisiana, Arkansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, and Manitoba. The center would then move to a bit northeast of Vandalia, OH.
Oh, you mean act like the better part of the rest of the Country doesn't count. Pretty much like the whiners did when the Grand moved. Hmmm, interesting, very very interesting.

·
2,770 Posts
And then that would substantiate Joe's theory that the ATA stole the Grand and moved it out of the epicenter! Wow!

Of course it still would not explain why the ATA site shows Joe never fired at a registered target in the nine years (that's nine whole years-1996 through 2005) BEFORE the Grand left Vandalia. He didn't shoot at any registered targets during that nine years, not at a small club, not at a big club, not in Ohio, not in another part of the epicenter, not at the Grand in Vandalia, not no where.

Why's he get so upset about what the ATA does or did? He wasn't a player, and still hasn't, again according to the ATA site, renewed his membership this year.

Did he just need a cause of some sort to get involved in?

Remember when he was Niagara (Mikie) on this site (in between various bannings for using false and different usernames) and he told the stories about not having much money but being a weekend warrior and parking his work van in the parking lot at the Grand and shooting weekends, not able to shoot during the week because of work? Talked about shooting with Leo (maybe practice IIRC).

What a bunch of baloney that was, huh?

·
Registered
21,599 Posts
And then that would substantiate Joe's theory that the ATA stole the Grand and moved it out of the epicenter! Wow!

Of course it still would not explain why the ATA site shows Joe never fired at a registered target in the nine years (that's nine whole years-1996 through 2005) BEFORE the Grand left Vandalia. He didn't shoot at any registered targets during that nine years, not at a small club, not at a big club, not in Ohio, not in another part of the epicenter, not at the Grand in Vandalia, not no where.

Why's he get so upset about what the ATA does or did? He wasn't a player, and still hasn't, again according to the ATA site, renewed his membership this year.

Did he just need a cause of some sort to get involved in?

Remember when he was Niagara (Mikie) on this site (in between various bannings for using false and different usernames) and he told the stories about not having much money but being a weekend warrior and parking his work van in the parking lot at the Grand and shooting weekends, not able to shoot during the week because of work? Talked about shooting with Leo (maybe practice IIRC).

What a bunch of baloney that was, huh?
Hey, it's his lies, let him tell them like he wants. He's one of those fools who needed a cause to feel needed. He is a master of utter BS. Anybody who is so desperate to get someone to talk to him, that they buy a whole forum is in a league of their own.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts