Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
2,766 Posts
It's still $500 at this time. $250 if one is 65 or older. I have considered becoming one for the $250, and it could be a bargain-I'd only have to live and shoot 12 1/2 more years to break even.

But, I think that might not come to pass.

So, if I do it, it will be just to support the ATA.

Bob

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
straightshooter1

You have to consider that it supports our great sport and not the time it takes to break even. I think of this a lot, and I never even buy green Bananas! Yet I renewed my membership to my trap club for 2 years this time around instead of one. It's all for a good cause in the end.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Paid $50 in 1968. As for breaking even, most expensive financial investment I ever made. I was told "It costs a dollar everytime they pull the trigger, I should know, I paid for every target Paul has shot." by my dear friend Paul Graf's wife in the late "70s. For what I have gained I would gladly pay $500.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
1946 I bought my ATA life for $25. The certificate stated the money was to be used to help payoff the mortgage on the building at Vandalia and I would have a vote on any disposition of the property. We know how that went. If you are interested I refer you to an old thread : Life Memberships and their intended purpose

They think I've disappeared and I have to call the ATA office to get my Grand program.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I got mine in 1999 for $275.00. That was just before they went up to $500.00. Best money I ever spent. I also bought one for my brother, brother in law, daughter and son in law for christmas that year. At the time I had a small construction company and ran it thru like a club membership. Please don't tell the feds.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
In the late 60's I collected 5 signatures from Life Members who would vouch for me but I waited until 1978 and sent in $75.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.