Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you seen "ATA" brand shotguns for sale yet in the USA?

They have just recently entered the market here in South Africa.

As I understand it, the guns are made in Turkey at the same factory that Beretta uses to make their 68x series receivers. The guns appear to be virtually identical, mechanically, to the 68x guns, and indeed, one of the gunsmiths over here put a 686 barrel set on one of their receivers, and it fit perfectly.

They appear to be VERY low cost.

·
Premium Member
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's their web site.

Check their "SP" Series.

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
Tim : I don`t see them catching on around here for American trap with only 26in and 28in bbl offered . But in the pictures they look nice...John

·
Premium Member
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They do look nice. I wonder if they will be as well built internally as their Beretta look-alikes.

Plus, I would be most concerned about barrel regulation. Low cost often means less attention to point of impact detail.

We'll see. A few of the guys I shoot with have taken a chance on them.

·
Premium Member
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If what I have been told is accurate, it is just the receivers that are made in Turkey. Not the barrels.

·
Premium Member
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like I said, for all intents and purposes, it could be a Beretta 68-something. Interesting looking stock. Never seen one like that.

Curious to see if they come to the USA, and also, how they hold up.

timb99_2008_0303147.jpg

timb99_2008_0303148.jpg

timb99_2008_0303149.jpg

timb99_2008_0303150.jpg

·
5,232 Posts
Taurus manufactured the Beretta handgun clone as the PT92... I thought I recalled a story that was originally Beretta tooling in cooperation with the Brazilian government... (?!)

j.

·
Premium Member
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry Scott. She's married with kids...

Petra Mouton, a Czech import who moved to South Africa from Namibia. Yes, she is quite lovely and speaks with a beautiful eastern European accent.

She and her husband Derrick are new to the game, and really good people. Farm family.

·
Registered
691 Posts
They are probably the same guns Galazans is advertising I their latest catalog. They are listed at $1,450.

·
Registered
463 Posts
We have them here in Australia, I think they would last five minutes shooting ATA trap with the amount of rounds.

Newbies buy them then after a few months wish they had spent their money on a decent second hand 682.

Good if you want a duck shooting gun that fires 500 rds a yr.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts