Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of joining the ATA so I could get an average or classification so I could compete in the local big shoots.(1-2hr drive). My question is, how many registered shoots do I have to put in before I am classed? The reason I ask this question is that the closest club that runs registered shoots is about an hour drive for me so I wouldn't be shooting there on a regular basis. I belong to a small trap club that is local but doesn't shoot registered. Could a single trap house club become a registered club?

Thanks Dave

·
Super Moderator
4,963 Posts
Yeah, definitely check out the rule book, because, assuming you're an adult male, you will start on the 20 yard line (not the 22) for handicap. Unless you go to a shoot that has penalty yardage.

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
V10 is correct. Your singles/doubles classification would be determined by the club, not the ATA.

A one trap club can certainly host registered shoots and many one trap clubs do that. That would be a decision made by your state organization. Individual states can place requirements on what a club needs to qualify but the ATA regulations are very simple. I suggest that you contact your state secretary.

Pat Ireland

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Rick, you talk about way back. I remember my first handicap I won the belt buckle said "Handicap Champion 17-19 yards"

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
Paul do you mean this rule,

"E. NO TARGET

2. In single target events when the target is thrown broken, regardless
of the result of any shot fired."

Bob Lawless

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
Bob- Don't you hate it when you smoke a broken target, have to shoot over and miss the next target?

Pat Ireland

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
Pat just like when that straight away target that come out of the house looking like Big Baloon and you pull the trigger and it just waves BYE-BYE at as it keeps going.

Bob Lawless

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.