Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Sponsors a Reloaders for Youth Program
11,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, you read that correctly. There's an art contest on ts.com to help us get through the last full month of winter.

Here are the rules:

1. You must be a poster on ts.com which means you must at least have a login. (promotes ts.com)

2. The work you enter must be your own. No fair entering your kid's video from art class.

3. Any type of artwork may be entered including what some might consider to be craft work. This includes drawings, paintings, sculpture, shooting bags with raccoon tails, etc and any form of electronic art. I'm considering doing a slide show on the inter-web.

4. All themes are allowed as long as you stay within the guidelines of this website.

5. Enter as often as you like.

The submission period is the first three weeks of February from 2/1 through 2/21. Just post a picture of your work in this thread as a jpg. The voting period will be from 2/22 through 2/28 after which prizes and awards will be distributed. You don't have to be a submitter to vote. I've already got one sponsor so there will be tangible rewards handed out to the winners. If you are interested in sponsoring, please send me a private message.

If a guy named Edvard can fill a sheet of paper this well and fetch 119.9 million dollars 160+ years later, who knows what the talent here can produce.

Occupy your mind and avoid going crazy.

Ready, go.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
6. Caricatures of famous trapshooting personalities are not eligible (no offense, we've all just seen it to death and back).

·
11,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Buzz - Consider revising your rule to allow Puablo to enter if he does a new caricature just for this competition - something we've never seen before.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Good point, and you're right, Joe: caricatures really are like snowflakes, aren't they?

P-dog, please, feel free to change the faces on the bodies & re-submit.

thanks,

buzzy

·
Registered
20,343 Posts
This image took 2nd place in the 'Galeria' show and sold for a couple of bux too at A3 size.

Redbush ...

·
11,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's a pencil sketch of a muskrat I did in high school.

·
Registered
20,343 Posts
Will trade for trap shotgun. 2ct. Homemade in spare time.

·
11,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wayne, Tron is welcome to enter and you'll have to compete as best you can against a pro.

·
Supporting Vendor
9,979 Posts
Ok, I will enter, but I don't want to hear any whining about it not being fair. I liken it to an All American waltzing into some small club full of suckers and taking all of their money. But, if you all can keep it just in fun and not get your feelings hurt too badly, I'll let my creative juices flow. Give me a few days or so to come up with a masterpiece.

·
11,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We're getting good responses on the first day, so I added a request for more sponsors to the thread title. Let's try to sweeten the pot.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts