Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beretta packin' up the Family and Movin to Tennessee!
Swimming Pools and Country Music Stars!

On a serious note I hope the pols and the anti's get to comment on how this is good for the general populace and welfare of the state of Maryland.

Most importantly I hope the good folks that work for the company can keep their jobs! But it appears to do so they will have to take flight...forced to move from where they currently live....its truly a shame.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Obviously those who lost their jobs in Maryland are now free to pursue their hobbies! Win-win!

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
I would hope based on my usual posts that you'd see the sarcasm dripping off that like snake venom.

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
Nobody will ever hear about it because the media is so far up OMalleys backside they have a rear view of his tonsils...and when he runs for Prez which he will...it wont even be brought up

·
Banned
2,758 Posts
All that will lose their jobs can get more subsidies for their health care. Looks like a win,win,win. Less guns in the stste, more people on entitlements and more sighing up for Obamacare.

·
Registered
453 Posts
MD. couldn't care less about the lost jobs and those hurt by the relocation.

They are celebrating the exit of an "evil" gun manufacturer.

Adios, Dirk

·
Banned
2,758 Posts
Cuomo, here in NY feels the same. Wait till Remington moves. Illion will be a ghost town. They will prpoably put Yogurt or Granola Bar factory in its place.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
This is a sad event for those good people that will have to move to keep their jobs. But I hope they all do move. In the end my guess is a majority will be happier.

Chronic unemployment is by far the biggest tragedy among many of this president and his lackys in congress and state governments.

Darr

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Don't believe everything you read on the Internet. I had occasion to call BerettaUSA in Accokeek today and while I was speaking with my contact, asked about the move. I was told that it really is not a "move" per se - that is, the existing facility in Maryland will continue operations but the company will not invest in any expansion in a state that "has made it clear that we are not welcome." Instead, all expansion will take place at the new location and very few current employees will be affected, if any at all. Beretta has too much invested in Accokeek in terms of facilities, equipment and employee training to just pull up stakes and relocate.

Ed

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
If I were in that position I would gladly move to a gun friendly state.

My only question would be "what took you so long?"

HM

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Don't forget how changeable politics can be. Imagine if they thumbed their nose at Maryland, spent who-knows-how-much building a new plant, moving all that equipment, training new employees, spending the warranty dollars and suffering the reputation damage that new people would initially cost only to see the political climate in Maryland change in few election cycles. No, they're better off staying put but not contributing to the employment growth and tax base of a state that is not making them feel welcome until things change for the better.

Ed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts