Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is a very bittersweet day. After what to some may seem like an eternity, Arlene Otto is now retired as the WTA Secretary. Plus Dick Otto will no longer be doing the computer cashiering / data entry for the WI State Shoot.

You will never find two more dedicated, committed, tireless workers for our sport and for our state association. They have put in so much time volunteered well and above what was ever expected, if we had to pay them for all their time, we could't afford them. They always worked hard for the shooters, always striving to get things correct and accurate. I hope they both were able to " retire " on their terms , because if there ever was somebody who should be able to retire on their terms, at their time, for what they have done over the years it is Arlene and Dick Otto.

I know just how much they do. After serving as the Tournament Director for 4 years, I can't begin to state what a valuable asset they were. Always there to help, always there to answer my questions, always there when I needed to bounce an idea off of. They taught me so much, I can't ever repay them. Not to mention, my wife and I have been able to enjoy a special friendship with Arlene and Dick over the years.

I wish them God's richest blessings on this new chapter in their life.

Their "favorite" son.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Congratulations Dick and Arlene. Hope you enjoy your retirement to the fullest. You guys have been part of the heart and soul of the WTA. I will miss working for you at the State Shoot. I hope you will be there this next summer to shoot and visit.

Lori Bumsted

·
Registered
962 Posts
Now you can both just go to enjoy the State Shoot (and others) and not feel like you have to work at them!

Thanks for all you have done!

Tim

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Congratulations Arlene and Dick. It was great working with you at WTA. I know it is not over. It is hard to walk away from it all. I will see you at the shoots in the coming year.

Ken Cerney
Wisconsin

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I'm sure I'll see them again, shooting jackpots..thanks for your service...

tony kennedy

·
Registered
507 Posts
Does this mean Dick will be able to get to the line on time along with the rest of his squad? (Only a friend could say that!) Congratulations Dick and Arlene, you are some of the best there is. -Randy

·
Registered
99 Posts
great people! I will never forget the year I couldn't find a room for the state shoot. Arlene went out of her way to find me a room. she didn't know me from adam. she reminded me of my mother,always going out of her way to help someone. I will never forget that shoot.i stopped Dick and told him she was a keeper, he knew. ENJOY RETIREMENT thanks again

lynn hamlin

·
Registered
570 Posts
I always enjoyed Dick and Arlene, Dick stills shoots a good score at Lakeview on most weekends! They did a lot of work over the years for the WTA and with very little thanks. If I forgot like many others, let me say thanks for a great job, hard work and the memories.
Tom Hoppe

·
Registered
36 Posts
Many thanks for the well wishes from you folks - BUT the retirement issue WAS NOT my idea. Yes, Arlene wanted to retire BUT I made it clear to the WI BOD that I was not ready to be "put out to pasture" just yet.
The WTA BOD made the decision to search for a new source of cashiering service. I was willing and able to do the shoot with the stipulation that I would NOT work out of those PODS we used for last year's shoot. I was invited to submit a bid for my services and did so. Arlene and I attended the 12/7 BOD meeting at Heart of WI gun club. After lunch, the BOD went into executive session where non-BOD spectators had to leave the club. Upon resuming the meeting, it was announced that the BOD had selected another cashiering service for the 2014 shoot. No specifics were provided for the decision. I was dumbfounded due to the many years of cashiering service I had rendered the WTA.
After returning home from the meeting, I emailed all BOD members requesting the reasons for not being chosen. To date only two BOD members responded that this was a decision made by the BOD. I still have received no specific reason or reasons were and not knowing what the reasons for my rejection are, I feel my loyalty of service to the WTA has been trampled on. I feel that I need to let all of my friends out there know that this "retirement" was not my idea! I have seen the other bidders and from a $ standpoint, I had them beat hands down. There is $15,000 worth of WTA owned computing equipment which will be idle for the shoot. Additionally the shoot program will probably be rewritten due to the inability of the software to handle the program as it has been done in the past.

·
Registered
66 Posts
This has me sitting here just repeating "Wow". Dick, I sure hope they give you the respect you deserve and give you answers to your questions.

Lori Bumsted

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Thanks a lot Arlene and Dick for everything you both have done over the years. Dick hope I get a chance again to shoot on the same squad, always a pleasure.

Andy

·
Registered
811 Posts
If the BOD can't even give Dick a reason. I am ashamed to be a Wisconsin Trapshooter. After all he has done for our sport he deserves more. GORDY HORIGAN

1 - 20 of 41 Posts