Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm from Ms. and I am JEALOUS!!!! I just saw the new Ar Fish and Game Foundation complex at Jacksonville Ar, located about ten miles north of the Loanoak Rem. plant. WOW!!! The parking area is laid out like Sparta; easy access without interfering with shooting. All the concrete work is excellent with every detail covered. Yard markers are cast in, there are no sharp corners, everything has a radius. The main hall is beautiful with large meeting/training rooms and several other office spaces. The managers office is overlooking the firing line and all traps are controlled from inside the office. There are two additional buildings located on either side of the main hall and are of the same look. There are fourteen traps in a straight line with four lighted skeet overlays in the center of the firing line. The traps are all new Pat's. The houses have solid roll tops, sump pumps, lighting, and generous target storage. NOTHING HAS BEEN SPARED!!! There were targets in the machines and I must think they are doing the final shake down. There was a lot of mud, but that will be taken care of. The background is a mature tree line some two to three hundreds distant with a sage field between the line and trees. A clip will make this flat with no distractions. Will there be a State Shoot there? I have no idea, I am not a AR. resident but boy it would be a stellar place!!

IF ONLY EVERY STATE WOULD INVEST IN OUR YOUTH LIKE AR. They have it RIGHT!!and I can't wait to shoot there! If you get a chance, give it a look, there aren't many places like it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's a great facility. But Arkansas Game and Fish continue to ignore Northwest Arkansas. Arkansas needs to build a facility like this near Northwest Arkansas.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I saw it last Friday and it is impressive. I'm looking forward to taking my ayssp team there. I don't know if the arkansas state shoot will be moved there or not but I've been to remingtons range after it rained and it floods really bad. I live near Batesville and we have a game and fish range that is just as nice as the new one in Jacksonville just not as big with only 5 trap and 3 skeet fields.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
i saw it in oct. im told opening is being moved back to june. it was suppose to be jan.
as far as shooting traffic, this should effectly put remington on thier toes after enjoying the whole market for sometime.
mayflower is a joke, but batesvilles range is a beauty.
if you watch WMA's path, you can see they took care of southwest near texarkana, now central, nw must be next. their aint nothing but duck hunting in the southeast and farming in the northeast...so nw gotta be next.

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
<object id="flashObj" width="480" height="270" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=3106560374001&playerID=1684488550001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAB_xxUcE~,TkK9U83iSSrCnG8aAPNzGeVPNO5Ldu-W&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=3106560374001&playerID=1684488550001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAB_xxUcE~,TkK9U83iSSrCnG8aAPNzGeVPNO5Ldu-W&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="480" height="270" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" swLiveConnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

Trap shooting complex opens in Jacksonville

JACKSONVILLE, Ark. (KTHV) - Saturday in Jacksonville, parents and their children flocked to the new trap Arkansas Game and Fish Foundation shooting-sports complex on Graham Road.

The $3.2 million facility is expected to attract thousands and bring millions of dollars in revenue to the city. It features 14 trap fields with three skeet overlays, an education building, a fishing facility and a 3D outdoor archery range.

The state's shooting sport coordinator said the complex will be great during competition season.

"This gives them a place to centralize with good food, good hotel lodging. The community supports this program 100 percent, and it gives a place for everybody to come to really enjoy the outdoor shooting," said Chuck Woodson.

The complex is expected to see around 6,000 kids visit for state and regional tournaments, and the program, which began in 2007, is now the largest youth shooting-sports program in the nation

http://www.thv11.com/news/article/295899/2/Trap-shooting-complex-opens-in-Jacksonville

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
i saw it again last april. they were having flooding issues on the fields and masons were repairing defective sidewalks and trap fields. if it rains...bring waders.

·
Registered
137 Posts
This year we had a lot of rain, never prevented us from shooting. Stood in water sometimes, but only ankle deep. By July, there will not be a problem. Lots of positives; close to hotels, places to eat, nice facility, and the best part--the people who run it are super friendly and very helpful, even to newbie trap shooters.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
wonder what the fate of blue rock will be with this new place open?

·
Registered
603 Posts
I don't think it will effect Blue Rock as they are a private club. I did hear today the state shoot is being moved to Jacksonville as long as they build a camping area.

·
Registered
88 Posts
It is a very nice facility, but I just cant wait for the people who run the place to get everything figured out! The first registered shoot was a mess, also heard lots of complaints during the AYSSP season about the poor target setting. Also saw on the news and newspapers about JVille and Cabot residents not enjoying the noise. But as time goes on I think it will be a great place, but it needs help.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
all that rock infield...boy you guys are going to fry like eggs on a skillet. the wood ref chairs and gun racks are already falling apart. hope they fix that soon!

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
how will this effect remington? will it take some wind out their sails?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Competition brings out the best in all. Remington will have to adapt, try harder, host more shoots, improve customer service, expand hours ( like open on Fridays), or it will lose a lot of business. But, in the grand scheme of things I don't think the big dogs at Remington corporate (not the gun club) could care less about a gun club in Arkansas.

·
Registered
137 Posts
By the way , could Remington please update their shooting schedule on the Remington Gun Club website to reflect 2014 and not 2012!

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
remington staff is most likely at jacksonville shooting. lol.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
does this range have a website? and too, i know its open for events, but isnt this range a members club? i saw somewhere that you must be a game and fish contributor. any insight?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts