Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a used ARGO 8 wheel drive ATV to do a little duck hunting. It's in great shape except for a crack around the front light that goes to the hood. The body is plastic. I was wondering if any of you have ever welded plastic or repaired such an item successfully? Guys on here know a lot about a lot of things. Thanks.

·
Supporting Vendor
9,956 Posts
I've had real good results with 3M plastic repair products. Just make sure you clean the area REALLY good before any repairs are performed. You're also going to need to stop the crack from spreading by drilling small holes at the ends of the crack.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Eastwood Company sells plastic welding kits that comes with different sticks depending on the plastic you are trying to weld and a welder that adjusts the heat range on the plastic. Of course, this all depends on how nice of a looking job you want for a hunting rig.

·
Registered
840 Posts
If you know anyone who works in a body shop, it is quite likely that they have a plastic welder. If it is the softer type plastic that is what you will need. Body shop people sometimes use the plastic welder to repair he softer plastic parts that are used on the flexible bumper covers now seen on most auto's. Poly type plastic does not work well with fiberglass repairs. If it is a hard type plastic, it is possible that epoxy resin may work. Polyester type resin may or may not do the trick.

Lots of luck with it

Bob W

·
Registered
8,332 Posts
Harbor Freight sells one. Haven't needed one yet, but considering the number of times you need one, can't imagine their's wouldn't be adequate.

Bob Falfa

1 - 8 of 8 Posts