Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Keystone Shooter
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is your club going to be ready to start back into operations, shooting, when the shelter in place orders begin to be lifted?
Since White Flyer has closed down here in Pennsylvania. Deliveries of birds have been cancelled. Many clubs are low or nearly out of birds. We have no idea how long White Flyer will be able to get back on schedule or into production again. How long can your club shoot with the number of birds you have on hand. I received a half tractor trailer load of birds March 3rd. My little one trap club is ready to shoot. In the off time I’ve had our Pat trap completely gone over. Replaced any worn parts and generally had the machine serviced so it’s ready to go.
How about your club?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
We can still shoot in Wv. and the bird supply is better this year at this time than last year,usually get a tractor and trailer load in May don't know the outcome yet.

·
Registered
284 Posts
We got a load that filled our little warehouse just before things went to crap, so I think we are good there. We were two weeks into a ten week league. We are planning to pick up where we left off on June 10. Our governor's current restrictions expire on June 9.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
With all the canceling/arranging/rearranging of scheduled shoots and open practice days, my best guess is we’re OK. We can get through our biggest events. The question will be can we get resupplied and what will the lead time be. Mid to late summer could be a rough time to get targets, depending on how things go for WF.

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Both the clubs I frequent are closed to the public, one of them is open to members only so assume it would be ready. They just don’t hold registered shoots there like they did in years past.
The other is on state owned grounds, wildlife area, and is totally completely closed to everyone for any reason.
Not expecting to shoot this year but as I continually say only time will tell.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
We have not opened the Trap house since winter shutdown, and it is snowing again this morning. That being said, we can have the machine up and running quickly.
We have more than a year's worth of clay birds in storage.
Our range is available for outdoor shooting, pistol and rifle in the remaining snow - self monitored and social distancing - no guests. All official club activities are cancelled.
The Province of Saskatchewan has mandated no more than 10 people in a gathering and individual distancing of 2 metres.
Who knows when the course of this epidemic will abate? I am not optimistic right now.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Here in SE MN we should be ok as far as targets are concerned. Our club purchased a semi load last summer that should, depending on when we start back up, last most of this year, if not into next. With the high school trap shooting canceled, we should have plenty. Our traps are ready to go.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Were good to go at Mapleton Gun Club Ohio we have enough birds to take us to late summer at what would be normal use. We have a new pat trap with the wobble option on order that should be arriving when shipping goes back to normal. Then we need to find a home for the used unit as we don't want to keep it. Then all of our traps would be less than five years old. I don't have any idea what kind of year we would be looking at. It might be super busy then again it could be a real bust.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
The home club near me has about 6 skids, are trailer was due to be delivered the week of the shutdown. We are hoping to open the houses next week, if I get my truck done. And go over the machines, no problems with the Pat's, when the high schoolers had to quit.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Is your club going to be ready to start back into operations, shooting, when the shelter in place orders begin to be lifted?
Since White Flyer has closed down here in Pennsylvania. Deliveries of birds have been cancelled. Many clubs are low or nearly out of birds. We have no idea how long White Flyer will be able to get back on schedule or into production again. How long can your club shoot with the number of birds you have on hand. I received a half tractor trailer load of birds March 3rd. My little one trap club is ready to shoot. In the off time I’ve had our Pat trap completely gone over. Replaced any worn parts and generally had the machine serviced so it’s ready to go.
How about your club?
"Are you ready"? We never closed. Business as usual here in Iowa.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I hope we don't all try to get back to normal too soon. We've all gone through a lot of inconvenience, disruption, and in many cases loss of income. Lets not screw it up by moving too soon.
I live in an area where the number of people sick has been pretty low, but we're only an hour north of one of the hot spots. It would be easy to mess this up. I hope we go slow.

·
Registered
141 Posts
We just got a shipment before we closed down, we were open just until last week and amount of shooters has been light. Technically we could still be open but due to low numbers and the habit of gaggling for the few that showed up and exposure for the volunteers working the register we decided to shut it down till restrictions get lifted.

·
Registered
768 Posts
We have clay targets and our Sporting Clay Machines are all serviced and ready to go. Our Trap and Skeet machines will just need a clean and service as our club clean up day is on hold until we get the go ahead to open again. On our clean up day we get all our houses and our coverered firing points given a good clean and repair any frames and backer boards on our rifle ranges. I am sure we will get a good turn out for clean up as our members are keen to get back to the sport they love.
We are also waiting for the "all clear" as our new main clubhouse is waiting for the foundations to be poured.
Devonian.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Being a small club we only throw about 50 - 60,000 targets per year, we order a full truckload at a time which is 24 skids just over 200,000 so no worries here we have about 84,000 yet good for a while, will throw less this year as our first registered shoot was scheduled in May and has already been cancelled, maybe we will get a registered shoot in August.

·
Registered
57 Posts
How about your club?
Great idea having the machine serviced .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts