Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
399 Posts
NO! 870 competition untouched will cost more. These guns will throw a pattern with any gun. America's hand made barrels are some of the best and will not take a back seat to any body. Those who know love older Perazzi, and Krieghoff for a reason, "quality patterns". Older Beretta SO series fixed chokes might bring a very pretty penny! Mike Sharkey, DC

· Registered
2,106 Posts
Full vs not full has been argued to death. I have a Mono Gun two barrel set (.022 and .048) I am about to offer for sale. There is definitly a difference when shooting 16's or 27yd. Many people prefer fixed chokes and it seemed to me that on this site many thought a choke tube gun should be worth less than a fixed choke gun. It all depends on how you hit 'em. Marc

· Registered
752 Posts
dick g shoots fixed chokes and blows smoke so what does that prove?? LMAO

If Digweed squealed like a pig to call for his targets, would that mean that squealing made him great? Let's give the smoke blowing a rest.....

· Registered
84 Posts
i shot nothing but fixed choke guns for years and was very happy. i moved on to tubes but never could find a tube that just felt like what i had shot all my life and recently traded off my tube gun for a fixed combo and couldn't be happier.

· Registered
321 Posts
It's the carbon/plastic fouling on tubes that particularly irks me. All my 682 combos were very prone to it.

My KX-5 not nearly so much, but the tube *will* build up fouling over time. The IM tube that came with it shoots straight with a good full pattern so that one stays in all the time except for cleaning the damn thing. If I could have gotten fixed full though, I would have. (I still have it, BTW, and am keeping it).

Then I got a used K-80 logo gun with 32" O/U M32 fixed choke barrels. (First thing I did was have KI rebuild the internals and install double releases). Then I added a 34" M32 top single, fixed full, of course. No more screwing around with tubes.

So yeah, I prefer fixed chokes. In theory, the ability to change a choke tube and change the pattern sounds like a big advantage, particularly to novices. But hey, we're talking trap here. To mind, the other disadvantages outweigh that single supposed advantage. And some folks waste way too much time and thought (and money!) on them.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.