Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every trapshooter looks forward to shooting his or her best, and, has certain needs-- maybe trivial to the majority-- but very important to that individual. What are shooters priorities today, and what can clubs do to support the majority of shooters needs? A 50 state shooter input would be ideal. Sam
( a follow up, and retitled,earlier post)

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
In no particular order. A well run shoot, working voice releases, properly set targets, prompt classifying and squadding, friendly atmosphere, a place to get out of the sun & heat, problems promptly taken care of, clean restrooms, prompt posting of scores and payoffs, knowledgeable scorers/pullers, water available on the fields, etc, etc. I'm sure there are many I've missed that might be location dependent.

Eric

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
I just want to be treated like they want my business. I don't see enough of that. I am in Idaho but I have seen the same at clubs in many states. It seems to be better at smaller clubs. I do not know why but it is a fact

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
The three things I look for in any shooting club is: Clean, tiddy, and friendly. If they have these right, then I can live with the rest. I very seldome get fussy about target set unless they are really low (trap targets).

ss

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
It would be good to see the priorities reset somewhat....

Instead of; What can the club do for me, it should be, What can I do for the club.

If more shooter's get involved at their local level, then the clubs would do much better.

Curt

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mixer started this thread of responses with a many true and tested priorities shooters like to see. We, at Glen Rock, can, and do offer many of the afore-mentioned.
This year we will be holding our 115th year Anniversary shoot, and one of the reasons for this post is to get input and possibly see if we have over-looked-or-can just add a few suggestions from our national shooting fraternity. I would like to see many more " do's & don'ts" from anyone wishing to comment. Photos are included from 2010. Sam

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.