Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every trapshooter looks forward to shooting his or her best, and, has certain needs-- maybe trivial to the majority-- but very important to that individual. What are shooters priorities today, and what can clubs do to support the majority of shooters needs? A 50 state shooter input would be ideal. Sam
( a follow up, and retitled,earlier post)

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
In no particular order. A well run shoot, working voice releases, properly set targets, prompt classifying and squadding, friendly atmosphere, a place to get out of the sun & heat, problems promptly taken care of, clean restrooms, prompt posting of scores and payoffs, knowledgeable scorers/pullers, water available on the fields, etc, etc. I'm sure there are many I've missed that might be location dependent.

Eric

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
I just want to be treated like they want my business. I don't see enough of that. I am in Idaho but I have seen the same at clubs in many states. It seems to be better at smaller clubs. I do not know why but it is a fact

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
It seems like everyone wants there backside powdered. Just go to your club sign up and shoot your best, everything else will fall into place....

Leave the attitudes behind !!!!

·
Registered
583 Posts
I read the question backwards. I thought you were asking about how should a trapshooter get involved with making his/her club better.

john

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
CubanCigar nailed it. If you can get your club to take this simple approach to heart, the club will prosper to the limits of the grounds.

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
The three things I look for in any shooting club is: Clean, tiddy, and friendly. If they have these right, then I can live with the rest. I very seldome get fussy about target set unless they are really low (trap targets).

ss

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
It would be good to see the priorities reset somewhat....

Instead of; What can the club do for me, it should be, What can I do for the club.

If more shooter's get involved at their local level, then the clubs would do much better.

Curt

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mixer started this thread of responses with a many true and tested priorities shooters like to see. We, at Glen Rock, can, and do offer many of the afore-mentioned.
This year we will be holding our 115th year Anniversary shoot, and one of the reasons for this post is to get input and possibly see if we have over-looked-or-can just add a few suggestions from our national shooting fraternity. I would like to see many more " do's & don'ts" from anyone wishing to comment. Photos are included from 2010. Sam

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.