Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm needing to upgrade from the Franken-razzi (series 3) to a newer gun. It's getting more difficult to find usable wood for series 3 guns. My forend wood is in sad shape and Karl did his best to bodge it together with some epoxy to prevent it from cracking more. I'm looking for a 34"/32" DB 81 combo or used MX 14 combo.

· Registered
2,222 Posts
I'm needing to upgrade from the Franken-razzi (series 3) to a newer gun. It's getting more difficult to find usable wood for series 3 guns. My forend wood is in sad shape and Karl did his best to bodge it together with some epoxy to prevent it from cracking more. I'm looking for a 34"/32" DB 81 combo or used MX 14 combo.
Yes, DB81s have type 4 forend iron.

How about just buying a Type 4 iron and modding the forend lug on the barrel to work with the Type 4 iron? Might be cheaper than selling your current gun and buying another. You can probably pick up a Type 4 iron for around $800-1000, and probably get it fitted and your barrel lug modified for another $150-250.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.