Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are Combo

Seems like everyone is selling combo's these days. I guess it makes economic sense, but I wonder if it creates a compromise in one of the configurations? Do the top shooters shoot combo's or do they have a dedicated doubles gun?

WNCRob

·
Registered
4,113 Posts
No compromise if you chose wisely. I used to have two dedicated guns, but I didn't like carrying two cases to each shoot. I'm on my second combo now, and I got it right this time. All in all, I prefer the combo. Same stock feel, same mount, same trigger feel. The only difference between barrel sets is 1" in length, and a slightly different MOI, with the O/U being a touch slower.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
While no longer able to compete, my choice over the years was for two dedicated guns so I always had a back-up for the single bird events. However, there were several good years when I shot an O/U for all games and I enjoyed the same mount, stock, trigger, weight, balance, et cetera in that choice. Never dealt with a combo set.....breakemall.....Bob Dodd

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
No brainer. Combo ....hands down. No need for a backup gun if you buy a Kolar. They don't break.

Been shooting a Kolar combo 8 years, had 1 annual service done. Only did that because I started feeling guilty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.