Trapshooters Forum banner

Are AA Heavy Target Loads Reloadable?

3071 Views 9 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  grntitan
Hello-- are 12 ga. Winchester AA Heavy Target loads reloadable? I believe they are compression formed shells--are these quality shells to reload or junk? Thanks!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
67 Posts
I have reloaded a few, they are junk. If you don't want them you can send them to me!! :) Actually they are GREAT shells. I have averaged 4-5 tournament quality shells out of them, that is with over 3000 reloaded. Definitely use.

G

·
Wad selection is important with the AA's. An incorrect wad will cause the shell to buckle in a PW.

· Registered
21,601 Posts
I just found a nice stash of the older one piece Heavy AA's all once fired. I also found about a 1000 of the old one piece AA's marked Trap and a couple 1000 marked Skeet. These are also once fired. As well as the various AA's, I found about 500 each of the old smooth Blue Peters and and the smooth Green Premiers. I'm gonna be loading all vintage this year.

My grandpa had passed away last fall and we are just now sorting his stuff. Gramps had passed along alot of goodies over the years but seems he was holding out on me.

Stumbled across a 3lb Green Dot keg still about 1/4 full. Been kept indoors in a heated/cooled loading room its whole life. Still lights up trap loads nicely.

Thanks gramps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.