Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A NEW IDEA; in my state you can't hunt with a auto rifle so the ar type is not legal why can't some smart engineer come up with a method of disengaging the auto part so you pull back the bolt for each shot like a bolt action,even make the bolt look like a bolt action from the side,this would make any ar legal. also some enterprising company could come up with a replacement bolt action top section,the gun still will look like a ar 15 and make the 10 shot only legal for hunting.i think this would make the control nuts scratch their heads the gun would be legal and look like a ar whiz630

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
You don't need to weld anything to it.

Just close off the hole for the gas block and use the charging handle to work the bolt after every round.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Because, and here is where I see a huge problem arising John, people own them and have money, sometimes huge investments, in firearms the government wants to confiscate and destroy. I live in IL and can tell you our governor has submitted a bill to do just that. I am of the same thought as far as getting a nice bolt to replace my varminter, even considering heading to my local dealer tomorrow to trade on a new BT, as I don't really want to watch $1200 get munched in a compactor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.