Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asking for aprox value of a Rem 1100 28 ga in Near mint condition but without a vent rib bbl???Thanks---SJB

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Depends on how the barrel is choked. I bought a field grade 28 gauge with a vent rib and choked full. I paid $395, and sent the barrel off to have it reamed out to IC. Blue Book says $295 for 98% and then subtract $40 for barrel without VR, but I think the market is out there, and you could get more than that. $300-$400. Mark

·
Registered
13,589 Posts
Another instance where the bluebook is so far off base it isn't funny. I will buy every non-VR 28ga 1100 in 98% condition for $255 that's out there LOL.

I would say market price is close to $400. Although a non-VR barrel makes it a tougher sell. But a comparable gun with a vent rib would bring over $500.

·
Registered
13,589 Posts
Looking at completed auctions on gunbroker, it looks like the VR skeet guns are averaging the mid 700s. One only got bid up to the mid 200s and didn't meet its reserve (another example of why reserve auctions are a bad idea, another one @ $250 got no bids because of the reserve). Only ones going for $1k are the Sporting 28s w/ screw chokes.

So it looks like I was a little bit under market (gunbroker) value, at least not as much as the Blue Book LOL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts