Trapshooters Forum banner

Anyone using the rocker recoil pad?

3354 Views 16 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  archangel
I'm thinking about trying one by kick-eez. Any opinions on them would be appreciated. thanks, Dale
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,866 Posts
Yep, and I LOVE it! Everyone's shoulder is sculpted differently. If you are getting hot spots from the toe or the heel of your current pad, then the Rocker might be right for you.

I took a die grinder to my existing Kick Eez and ground the toe and heel between shooting sessions. Eventually I got it to the point where there were no more hotspots. When I finally needed a new pad I had DeVault install Rockers on my guns and they are perfect! My custom ground pads have the exact same shape as a stock Rocker.

· Registered
2,106 Posts
Great pad for pitch correction and comfortable to shoot. I also have a hard time getting a consistant mount with the rocker pad. I went with the Kick Eez MODIFIED TRAP PAD and have found nothing I like any better. Locks in the pocket well and mounts are consistant. I have them on three or four guns and would not switch to anything else unless the stock pitch is corrected by cutting to the correct angle first, then I would use a straight trap pad. Marc

· Registered
1,866 Posts
Like I said "Everyone's shoulder is sculpted differently." Recoil pads are just like the color of lense in your shooting glasses. You have to figure out what works best for YOU.

· Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have an all purpose flat Kick-eez pad now and get a bite from the toe of the pad. So I thought the rocker might solve the problem. Dale

· Registered
68 Posts
A clinician suggested one for my daughter. She is tall and lean with a well defined pocket and none of the natural padding most of us have. It requires an extra effort to mount the gun consistantly. She has completed her SCTP career and I have tried to shoot her gun, 11-87 Premier Trap, with the rocker pad but did not like for pre-mounted gun. I am going to try it on an old SxS in shoot in club sporting clays match.
Ed

· Registered
7,463 Posts
I'm going to install one on my Browning ST-100 doubles and lengthen the LOP while I'm recovering from knee surgery over the next few months...might stop the gun from kicking the crap outa my face. Been gonna do it for a couple years. Nowz the time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.