Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using Trap commander Z21M wads in,STS,Nitro or gun club hulls.??

I have been given a bunch of em and want to load em with 1 1/8 and Int clays powder...

Anyone got info that is published ?/ I can't find any...

I guess these wads are intended for straight wall hulls and I only load Remington hulls so they won't work so well..

anyone else know anything different let me know..

Thanks

·
Registered
238 Posts
Rem STS hull rem primer 18.5 grains of international clays 1 ounce of shot 1235fps
Rem STS hull rem primer 21 grains of international clays 11/8 ounce shot 1240fps
Wads are ballistic Products Z21 trap and field commander. Loads are from their manual High Performance Loads for Clays.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rufus80,

I guess I will load a box ot two and try em tomorrow.. My regular load (bushing)for Int clays is dropping right on 20 grains,with 1 1/8 oz shot...

I think I will try it like it is and see,, it should be around 1200 FPS don't you think ??

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just tried it and I might have to do a little adjustin to the loader it crimps like the hull is a little too full.

·
Registered
238 Posts
What is your was pressure? This wad is made of very stiff plastic, also separate the petals sometimes they fail to separate. I use a min of 30lbs of pressure on my MEC.

·
Supporting Vendor
5,404 Posts
The Gualandi Z21 Trap Commander was is made for a straight wall hull (Federal, Fiocchi, Estate, etc). Do not attempt to load these in a tapered hull!!

The Z21 will make a nice 1 ounce load in a Federal paper hull with Clays powder.

Jim Skeel<BR>
P/W Dealer/Distributor

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Big-C That is what I was gona use them for, but they still don't fit in the Nitro hulls with the 20 grs of Int clays and 1 1/8 shot. Hull still a little full and the crimp is bulged. If I set the crimp a little deeper it wrinkles the hull. Even after I have incresed the wad pressure to bout 35 lbs.

thanks Jim, I took all the ones I loaded apart.

Guess I will wait till I get some straight wall hulls.

Thanks all..

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
This is a Baschieri & Pellagri Z2 wad and is designed for straight wall cases. It might work in a tapered case but results might be IFFY. I love the sister wad the T2 which is probably the best 7/8 oz 12 ga wad going. Just wish they weren't so expensive.

Tom

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.