Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THAT IS SOME GOOD SIPPIN WHISKEY

And I am not a drinker $9.90 @ bottle

A true Bourbon Based Liquer w/real Honey, The colder the better.

Gary Bryant
Dr.longshot

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
I agree...very nice...I like their bourbon liquore too...just perfect for the tiny slow sippin I enjoy ever so often

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
This is not a " shooting related" thread.

This is the dumb stuff that belongs in the "off topic" section.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Gary, what's the "proof" on that stuff. Had that shot you gave me the other night on an empty stomach and swear I got a short buzz while shooting my round.

Rich

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I used some of this stuff to marinate chicken breasts for several hours and then grilled it, was pretty good. The straight shots were good too.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
A post about sippin' bourbon is always welcome as that is what i normally do when I get home from a nighttime shoot.

I saw the Wild Turkey American Honey in a store a few days ago but did not buy it. Now, I plan to give it a try. I prefer my Wild Turkey 80 proof straight up in a shot glass with no ice.

Another bourbon based liquor is Southern Comfort that like Hank Williams Jr. says, "Does a thing on me." It is a little too sweet for me.

Sad to say as a long time Kentucky bourbon drinker, I bought a bottle of Bushmills Irish whiskey when I passed of the wild Turkey American Honey. As for sippin', Bushmills is very good. It is a little smoother than bourbon and is very relaxing at the end of the day.

Again, I like Bushmills straight up with no ice.

Did not Paul Newman say in the movie The Hustler "JTS Brown, no ice no glass."

Ed Ward

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
MTN Gun:

You are correct, it was JTS Brown in the movie "The Hustler.

JTS Brown is now made by the Heaven Hill distillery.

Many years ago, JTS Brown was made by the old Samuels distillery near Bardstown, KY. I remember "acquiring" (I was underage) small, flat 1/2 pint bottles, with a green label, of JTS Samuels when I was a teenager. Maybe it was JTS Brown but everybody called it JTS Samuels at the time.

Ed Ward

·
Registered
839 Posts
Last time I looked Jack Daniels was not a boubon(not enough corn) and I have been drinking it for many, many years.

Bill

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
School_teacher said:

"A post about sippin' bourbon is always welcome as that is what i normally do when I get home from a nighttime shoot."

<br>
<br>

I like to take a big dump when I get home from shooting. Should I post about my choice of toilet paper in the "Shooting Section"??

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
Only if you really really enjoy rubbing your butt with it that much,.. then by all means ; )

sorry Matt..couldn't help it ; ))

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
I was at a yard sale the other day and got a quart of Wild Turkey Wiskey. It was inside a ceramic wild turkey, off comes the head and out comes the wiskey. HMB

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
HMB:

Wild Turkey ceramic bottles are collectors items, even empty. You may want to check out your bottle at this site:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=wild+turkey+decanter

Ed Ward

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I too enjoy an occasional irish whiskey on the rocks. I prefer Jamisons, I find it smoother. I also enjoy rye, recentley tried a bottle of Bulliet pronounced bullet Rye. Excellent and reasonably priced. Rich

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Isn't Yukon Jack a honey flavored Canadian Whiskey? I seem to remember reading that somewhere and if I recall its not too bad.

Steve

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
All this talk ,had to try a bottle. Nice sip much more like whiskey than Souther comfort. Thanks for the thread. HMB look on the bottom of the ceramic bottle for a number and I can tell you what its worth. I have a complete set of the first series if anyones interested eight bottles in all. Happy Memorial Day Jeff

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.